Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Coyle On Talksport At 12

tomski

If he became manager of say Peterborough and we played em next season, would he get booed?

Opinion appears to be fairly split on this, but saying that he never got too much stick at home games and only the aways near the end. Edited by tomski

It was interesting when he was talking about highly paid players at Bolton who couldnt get in the team, BPL teams ddnt want them and Championship teams couldnt afford em.

He said he let 11 go who were costing £19m a season. Names and guesses at salary please

And what did he actually do as a player? Gave desire but lacked anything else. Legends are names like Lofthouse, Okotcha, Djorkaef, McGinlay etc....not a guy who lacked skill and an eye for goal as a forward.

your right he's not a legend and was 3rd choice striker more often that not but he did know where the net was and gave us some good memories the 2 at Everton stick in the mind.

Most people in the game regard him as a good bloke.

He was very highly respected in the Rioch dressing room by players and management alike.

He handled himself very well through the Muamba drama.

He has never gone off slagging the clubs he has left.

So I would say you are talking bollocks.

Good blokes don't make good managers

Everyone would've handled themselves exactly the same way he did in the Muamba situatuion so trying to make him out to be some kind of super hero is bollocks

My neighbour is a scout and told me when he signed for us that he was clueless, tactically and with his training methods but i gave him a chance and TBF to my neighbour he was bang on

Me talking bollocks is your opinion as we're all entitled to one and my opinion of Coyle is that he's a cunt

Edited by mannyroad58

• Moderators

Everyone would've handled themselves exactly the same way he did in the Muamba situatuion so trying to make him out to be some kind of super hero is bollocks

My neighbour is a scout and told me when he signed for us that he was clueless, tactically and with his training methods but i gave him a chance and TBF to my neighbour he was bang on

Me talking bollocks is your opinion as we're all entitled to one and my opinion of Coyle is that he's a cunt

thing is

the best managers tend to be cunts, or at least turn into one at some point

there's one reason I don't think he is really

stubborn, naive, clueless - aye, all them

think by the end of it, he probably was much more of one than when he started, because by then we'd all got fucked off with him and how he went about things

what we need here is a standard dictionary definition of the word "cunt"

As well as being offensive you are clearly a bit dim as well.

I never referred to his ability as a manager so why are you bringing that into it?

Owen Coyle is a decent bloke.

If you can show me examples of this not being the case then go ahead.

I dont expect a reply.

As well as being offensive you are clearly a bit dim as well.

I never referred to his ability as a manager so why are you bringing that into it?

Owen Coyle is a decent bloke.

If you can show me examples of this not being the case then go ahead.

I dont expect a reply.

You really dont read what's in front of you do you?

why is he a decent bloke....because he goes to Church?