Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Random Claims To Fame

globaldiver

Was playing pool in a hotel in Cornwall as a kid when I hit the cue ball clean off the table and directly into a glass of whiskey being drank by non other than Rangers keeper Jim Stewart. He was sat with Iain McCulloch.... Not the Echo & Bunnymen singer, but striker for Notts County.

I find it hard to believe Jim Stewart ever caught a ball... Even if it was in his whiskey glass

I, not surprisingly some may say, have had a few pints with Gazza, also took £20 off Jimmy 5 bellies at darts. Gazza was recovering from a broken leg during his time at Lazio and turned up in my old local in Dumfriesshire one lunchtime during a supposed fishing trip.

I was one of 4 Wanderers fans to abuse the aforementioned Chesney Hawkes in a pub in Richmond the night before the Reading play off final singing "you're just a one hit wonder" and putting I am the one and only on 6 times in a row on the juke box.. He left sharpish

Prince Phillip waved to me for pulling my car onto verge to let him pass on a country road in his horse & cart... I nodded back.

I shook Neil Armstrongs hand

I got wasted one night with Phil Cool ( remember him.)

Joanna Lumley farted in my local post office and I smelled the aftermath

Jock Wallace, the ex Rangers manager threatened me

I got a scowl from Stephen Hendry in a snooker club in Stirling when I said I recognised him... Was he on Blockbusters? No sense of humour, the cunt

I had Internet communication and naughty talk with Brett Angels wife

I, not surprisingly some may say, have had a few pints with Gazza, also took £20 off Jimmy 5 bellies at darts. Gazza was recovering from a broken leg during his time at Lazio and turned up in my old local in Dumfriesshire one lunchtime during a supposed fishing trip.

I was one of 4 Wanderers fans to abuse the aforementioned Chesney Hawkes in a pub in Richmond the night before the Reading play off final singing "you're just a one hit wonder" and putting I am the one and only on 6 times in a row on the juke box.. He left sharpish

Prince Phillip waved to me for pulling my car onto verge to let him pass on a country road in his horse & cart... I nodded back.

I shook Neil Armstrongs hand

I got wasted one night with Phil Cool ( remember him.)

Joanna Lumley farted in my local post office and I smelled the aftermath

Jock Wallace, the ex Rangers manager threatened me

I got a scowl from Stephen Hendry in a snooker club in Stirling when I said I recognised him... Was he on Blockbusters? No sense of humour, the cunt

I had Internet communication and naughty talk with Brett Angels wife

marvellous