Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Parkrun.org.uk

Smiley

For all you lot who don't do the parkrun every week - the Bolton one is off this week so you won't be able to do it. There are lots of others though so you can not do one of those instead.

I'll be doing the Burnley one. Will make sure to wear Wanderers shirt after.

For all you lot who don't do the parkrun every week - the Bolton one is off this week so you won't be able to do it. There are lots of others though so you can not do one of those instead.

This will be my first parkrun. I will "steam in" to rescue you if I've any energy left when you put your whites shirt on! :D

• Moderators

why is it off

was planning on having a bash and i've now been forced to quaff a couple of bottles

• Moderators

Did the Wythenshawe one. Glorious weather. Felt like my lungs were made of iron though. Came 25th.

I'll be doing this one sometime soon, did 7.5k this morning and me and mate were saying if we ever didn't go out on a Friday night we'd do it

Will let you know when we do

That's an impressive time, we will have to have a WW do at the Bolton one.

I'm certainly no runner. Started off way too fast. Struggled with my breathing rhythm and my mental strength is zero! The little voice in my head was screaming "walk", "give up" "it's not worth it"!!

Will be back again next week. Would prefer a course where's there's not a loop with you running 85% of it again on a 2nd lap. Think that's what messes with my mind.

U cunts are embarrassing me! 33.33 and it fuckin hurt! however the weigh in later showed another 3.8 lb loss making it 90 lb since 29th Dec and just under 15 stone for the first time in years so today feels good!

PB was 20:20 when I wuz 27 and I was a big un then at 13 st 4 lb so I've got loads of time to go at!

Never saw u fish bulb but u were probably tucking into your brekkie by the time i finished, nice day though!

ps i was the man in black!

Edited by bgoefc

• Moderators

U cunts are embarrassing me! 33.33 and it fuckin hurt! however the weigh in later showed another 3.8 lb loss making it 90 lb since 29th Dec and just under 15 stone for the first time in years so today feels good!

PB was 20:20 when I wuz 27 and I was a big un then at 13 st 4 lb so I've got loads of time to go at!

Never saw u fish bulb but u were probably tucking into your brekkie by the time i finished, nice day though!

ps i was the man in black!

i hope you don't mean 2012!

• 4 weeks later...

Anybody else still Parkrunning? I was down in Dorset last weekend (#shitfan) and did the Poole one. Blimey it was as flat as the proverbial Mystic's Mammary gland. Anyroad up I got a decent time there but come back to Bolton this week and it all goes a bit Judge Jules. Ah well.

When's the WW amateur athletic meet going to take place? :)

Did Burnley again after 4 weeks. Been suffering from PFPS in my good knee. Managed to shave nearly 3 mins off but still a way to go to get down to something around 27 mins.

And yes Cas it was 29th Dec 2012 :showoff:

I am up for a meet. I will gladly bring up the rear! Sure Malc could organise it and write the programme notes!!!

Edited by bgoefc

Did Pennington flash one today. I was sure i'd been told it was fast and flat. It was neither which was a bit of a pisser. The 2 lads I took with me and assured it was a guaranteed minute faster course thought so too... Maybe try Wythenshaw.