Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Benefits Disgrace

miamiwhite

Front page of today's Bolton Bog roll,a lad well known to the Daubhillites and Morris Green dancing boys.

I know the lad very well,he's been in a bad way for years and years,now he's had his benefits cut massively,and can barely survive on the meagre pittance he's been awarded.

Absolute disgrace,Evvy isn't fit to work. Whoever has made this ridiculous decision wants hanging from the nearest lamp post

Total disgrace. What is happening to our country? Its about time we started looking after our own and not folk from overseas. How many of the people who were persecuted by Saddham Hussain and fled here in fear of their lives had gone back now he's dead, or have they settled into our benefits funded country.

Do we need to save money to fund the expected surge of Romanians and Bulgarians in January?

Edited by freds dad

Roofer I know had his stopped after someone at the jobcentre decided he was fit to work despite 3 knee operations and the fact he couldn't climb a ladder. All because he can (barely) walk x metres. Anyhow he got a couple of interviews for office and shop work. At 60 year old with no experience he was back in the jobcentre every other week. Its all sorted now after he fell downstairs a few week ago. His knee just gave way. Its fooking wrong when the guy has worked his bollocks off for 40odd years, never been unemployed and basically gets tarred with the same brush as those trying to rape our benefits system.

On the other hand, a lad comes in our works regularly. 18 year old, from a family who haven't done a days work in their life and he gets full disability allowance because he has epilepsy. Not a problem for me, but the other week he had a medical, I asked him how his medical went and he said, "I passed it." I said, "Brilliant news pal, you can now start looking for a proper job." His reply, "I mean I failed the medical but passed whhat I had to for my benefits." Had us all gobsmacked.

I reckon dole benefits should be abolished UNLESS you have paid into the system, OR your own doctor and an independent assesor confirm that you are no longer fit for work (as is obviously the case for the poor lad in question)

I also think free NHS treatment should be abolished for anyone not born here, or has never paid NHS subscriptions.

Lets see how many will be hiding under wagons at Calais to reach the promised land then.

Total disgrace. What is happening to our country? Its about time we started looking after our own and not folk from overseas.

I no longer give to any charity whose funds go overseas whilst our government has ring fenced £10 billion pound of overseas aid whose recipients include China, India and Pakistan two of whom have space programmes and all 3 have nuclear weapons or programmes.

Front page of today's Bolton Bog roll,a lad well known to the Daubhillites and Morris Green dancing boys.

I know the lad very well,he's been in a bad way for years and years,now he's had his benefits cut massively,and can barely survive on the meagre pittance he's been awarded.

Absolute disgrace,Evvy isn't fit to work. Whoever has made this ridiculous decision wants hanging from the nearest lamp post

Why are you surprised? Huge numbers of people are being treated this way.

One poor sod was assessed as fit for work when he was blind in one eye, paralysed down one side and couldn't speak. He died the next day.

Watch Iain Duncan Smith's reaction to being told this and remember that he's a hero to the blue rosette brigade on here.

I no longer give to any charity whose funds go overseas whilst our government has ring fenced £10 billion pound of overseas aid whose recipients include China, India and Pakistan two of whom have space programmes and all 3 have nuclear weapons or programmes.

Aid to India stops soon

My missus has been in a wheelchair since an accident a few years ago, and also has osteo arthritis and brittle bone disease. She does not claim any benefits but, she had to attend an assessment to establish if she still qualified for a disabled badge. The waiting room was full and she was the only English person in there, what pissed me off more was that most of them had a translator with them paid for by us fucking mugs.

I dont want to sound cruel but if the bloke had turned up to the assessment then he wouldnt be in this position.

I presume he has family and friends?

If so, where was there help?

Fucking Hell I thought he died years ago I remember Evvy riding his bike into the Vault of the Stag,where he fell over,and as he lay on the floor he requested "Can i have apint of Guinness please Diane?"

My earliest memory of Evvy was going to a bommy of his just down the road from you. His gang had the brainwave of putting a 19kg bottle of propane gas on it. When the nozzle finally gave way,flames shot up at least 200ft in the air. Certainly lit up Tootills Park !!