Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Clueless Coyle Now Deluded Freedman

anewman

t’s bending the rules.

“I don’t like excuses, I don’t like complaining about referees and I don’t bend rules. I play fair and stick to what we said."

Top marks from me.

Not forgetting he has Wheater and Mills back fit both good enough in this division and it would show lack of faith in them if we kept Dawson, that's good man management in my view.

Are that match fit though? 2 games both very important, and he's tinkering a settled back line

he knows exactly what hes doing. in doog we trust

I'm not saying he doesn't

Far from it

But some on this thread saying so were proclaiming the same about Coyle and how we would "all see" how we were wrong about him

We weren't

DF is doing alot right but he isn't infallible; let's see how Wheats / Mills step up to the plate

I for one hope Wheater becomes "the man" and DF is proven right, but to suggest that not using every advantage we can get and not extending the stay of our most influential player is a master stroke before we see the result of it is surely a little premature at best.....

“I have got David Wheater who must have sore knuckles because he’s been banging on my door every day. I have also got Matt Mills not so much knocking as tapping it, so there are definitely players waiting to get into that position.”

You can interpret that in many ways but i will go with, that's basically him saying 'Mills is shit' and that he knocks like a girl.

I'm not saying he doesn't

Far from it

But some on this thread saying so were proclaiming the same about Coyle and how we would "all see" how we were wrong about him

We weren't

DF is doing alot right but he isn't infallible; let's see how Wheats / Mills step up to the plate

I for one hope Wheater becomes "the man" and DF is proven right, but to suggest that not using every advantage we can get and not extending the stay of our most influential player is a master stroke before we see the result of it is surely a little premature at best.....

Thats a good point to be fair!

I just feel alot more comfortable in believing Dougie will do well for us. He seems so much more thorough than Coyle, like everything he says is for a reason. Coyle seemed to waffle on blowing smoke up everyones arse.

Thats a good point to be fair!

I just feel alot more comfortable in believing Dougie will do well for us. He seems so much more thorough than Coyle, like everything he says is for a reason. Coyle seemed to waffle on blowing smoke up everyones arse.

I think 99% of us do

Can't argue with that

It was apparent quite soon that OC took (only) his own counsel. He always had an excuse and never learned from mistakes. So he was OK on the up and up, but totally unable to cope with the difficult sitations when they arose.

DF clearly takes LL into his confidence and has benefitted from that.

The reality is that Dawson will not be available for the playoffs (although second place is still feasible!), so Wheater will be needed. Logically, therefore, a couple of matches before then is actually an advantage to all.

As far as Dawson's loan is concerned, DF has done exactly what he said he would do. Steve Clarke is astute, and will be willing to do further business with DF in future. If he cannot accommodate Dawson the possibility of a transfer is there, and the thought of a Dawson/Wheater partnership in future is more reassuring than any other realistic option.