Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Official Boxing Thread...

gonzo

See Mayweather won on points.

Anyone see it??

Only read a few reports,sounds a pretty one sided affair.

He got paid £20.6 million for the fight alone....fook me.

Klitschko won on Friday aswell.

See Mayweather won on points.

Anyone see it??

Only read a few reports,sounds a pretty one sided affair.

He got paid £20.6 million for the fight alone....fook me.

Klitschko won on Friday aswell.

Yes

Easy, tother bloke tried hard but just not good enough, no-one is. No-one's laid a glove on him in a decade. He's got five fights left on this contract and then he will retire undefeated probably. Alvarez is the biggest danger but not in the same league, plus he's ginger.

Both fighting on the Purdy v Alexander undercard which is on sky after midnight i think.

Purdy not made weight so fight is non title fight now.

Never get fighters not making the weight,is it just down to plain carelessness?

There will be, they all know there are only five opportunities left in all likelihood. I don't see any of them making him break sweat, not even Broner if he turns out to be as good as he's looked so far. The only one with a puncher's chance would be Matthyse.

Never get fighters not making the weight,is it just down to plain carelessness?

Purdy missed weight last time out too. They do fight at extremely low weights for their bodies now they are on day before weigh ins which allow them to rehydrate for 24 hours afterwards. Routinely stick a stone on in the 24 hours afterwards.

But there's a point where they just cannot do that weight any more

Maggie - I think Alvarez makes Floyd break sweat at 154... would be amazed if Floyd took the fight though, especially at 154 - or he'll take it later when Alvarez is tighter at the weight. He'll not fight him on a level playing field anyway. Was impressed by Alvarez last time out, kinda wondered what the fuss was about previously.

What do you reckon?

Purdy missed weight last time out too. They do fight at extremely low weights for their bodies now they are on day before weigh ins which allow them to rehydrate for 24 hours afterwards. Routinely stick a stone on in the 24 hours afterwards.

But there's a point where they just cannot do that weight any more

Maggie - I think Alvarez makes Floyd break sweat at 154... would be amazed if Floyd took the fight though, especially at 154 - or he'll take it later when Alvarez is tighter at the weight. He'll not fight him on a level playing field anyway. Was impressed by Alvarez last time out, kinda wondered what the fuss was about previously.

What do you reckon?

To be honest I only saw him against walking corpse Mosley and the Trout fight the other weekend, where he was decent enough but if it wasn't for that daft open scoring might have been pushed even further. I reckon he's probably the young pretender and I probably could see him beating everyone but Mayweather if as is anticipated Pacquiao never gets his best back. If I was advising any of these young blokes I'd be relieved when Marquez sacks it too.