Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Official Boxing Thread...

gonzo

In those cases Linares cuts and Pacquiao is old and shit. The fights to find are British favourites who've attracted patriotic money, meaning their often superior opponents who are unknown to the bloke in the pub, are overpriced. Haye Bellew was a mystery, who the hell backed Haye so much that Bellew was 5/1 I don't know. Should have been nearer evens I thought.

Not particularly boxing but no point starting a new thread - anyone going to the Evening with Anthony Joshua on 13th May at Macron? I've booked tickets for it - any excuse for a decent night out

id rather stick a knitting needle down my piss hole

hope you have a good night.

• Site Supporter

Will this Haye/Bellew fight be shown on "normal" SS? You know for the ones who commit and pay £31 a fucking month for the sports channels. PPV evnts should be free to them who subscribe SS.

No. The mugs will pay again, and they'll be happy about it. Gives them something to talk about the day after.

Does anyone think the Mcgregor/ Mayweather fight will happen? Would he stand a chance you reckon?

I think money says that it happens, there is talk off each of them getting $100M 

McGregor surely doesn't stand a chance

In that rolling around on the floor crap he'd just strangle him till he passed out and cave his face in whilst he was lay prone on the floor.

However in a proper sport and art form with actual technical ability rather than savage cowardice the Irish quack candle wouldn't land a single glove on mayweather.

Does anyone think the Mcgregor/ Mayweather fight will happen? Would he stand a chance you reckon?

I've been doing Muay Thai for quite a few years ago. I've not fought but done loads of sparring and intercamps, trained in Thailand and stuff like that. I can just about hold my own with pro fighters in sparring. But if you put me in with a boxer who's got any sort of experience and spar boxing only then it's a different story altogether. The stance is different, the movement and the footwork is different. The way you evade and counter attack is different and I generally get battered. The same is true the other way around. I can't for the life of me see Mcgregor having more than a lucky punchers chance against Mayweather - but for $100,000,000 would he really care? Same would be true if Mayweather fought MMA rules - when you're under pressure you'll instinctively revert to your normal style and then you'll get picked off.

I'd still watch it mind! :-)

• Moderators

In that rolling around on the floor crap he'd just strangle him till he passed out and cave his face in whilst he was lay prone on the floor.

However in a proper sport and art form with actual technical ability rather than savage cowardice the Irish quack candle wouldn't land a single glove on mayweather.

I'm sure there's only wuffters find that rolling about interesting

still don't think it will happen, but it seems to be gathering momentum.

Obviously Conor won't win, but he's obviously got the bigger balls.

Although, Conor has more chance of beating Mayweather in a boxing match than Mayweather has of beating Conor in MMA.