Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Official Boxing Thread...

gonzo

• 2 weeks later...

Cracking fight. Exactly what everyone expected in terms of the fights going the distance.

Thought burns was a bit hard done to with some of the scoring there. No way was it 117-112 fight. But judging is subjective so always that risk.

Luke Campbell would Terrorise Crolla I think if that’s the next fight as an eliminatior

Edited by Escobarp

• Site Supporter

Cracking night at the boxing last night, not watched the fight back yet but I thought Burns might just have sneaked it. It would appear many commentators had it very tight with Crolla just out on top.

Would like to see Crolla fight Luke Campbell next, think he'd come unstuck in that

Sad, but it also kicked off at another bout in Walsall at the weekend and a 19 year old lad got killed.

Shouldn't be going to the boxing and not coming home. Got to be considering an ale ban like we have at football.

Edited by Smiley

• Site Supporter

Ale is certainly a contributing factor to scrapping at boxing but from the scraps I've seen and I know this is a generalisation, the lads battling tend to be meatheads from the gym who will be coked or steroided up to the hilt. Never the less, RIP to the lad in Walsall, that simply shouldn't be happening.