Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Official Boxing Thread...

gonzo

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Escobarp said:

Great fight. Absolute machine usyk is. Looked huge in there to me bigger than bellew which surprised me massively.  Will be very difficult to beat at heavyweight that man 

Give over

Hes giving away 3 or 4 stone to fury and joshua

1 hour ago, Sweep said:

Correct, they reckon he can lift about 2 stone naturally.....still, he'll do well to beat AJ, Wilder or Fury

He will be as big if not bigger than wilder I would say. Wilder bigger puncher but is Usyk too slick for him? Who knows. 

AJ power also obviously an issue and usyk fury would be a battle of the movers. Difficult to see either knocking the other out although I would say more likely usyk to ok fury than other way round as always had a doubt about fury’s chin after the Cunningham fight. 

All conjecture and speculation anyway but I think he is a welcome addition to the heavyweight division when it happens. 

1 minute ago, Escobarp said:

He will be as big if not bigger than wilder I would say. Wilder bigger puncher but is Usyk too slick for him? Who knows. 

AJ power also obviously an issue and usyk fury would be a battle of the movers. Difficult to see either knocking the other out although I would say more likely usyk to ok fury than other way round as always had a doubt about fury’s chin after the Cunningham fight. 

All conjecture and speculation anyway but I think he is a welcome addition to the heavyweight division when it happens. 

Having fought at heavyweight as an amateur, winning over 300 contests alongside being crowned world and olympic champion i'm sure he could cope with a windmilling Wilder.

He's also sparred Wladimir Klitschko. Can't see Joshua's team going anywhere near him.

1 hour ago, Clarence Carter said:

Having fought at heavyweight as an amateur, winning over 300 contests alongside being crowned world and olympic champion i'm sure he could cope with a windmilling Wilder.

He's also sparred Wladimir Klitschko. Can't see Joshua's team going anywhere near him.

Whilst lots of sparring tales come out as we know  apparently he pasted Klitschko and was asked to leave after 2 rounds.

32 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Whilst lots of sparring tales come out as we know  apparently he pasted Klitschko and was asked to leave after 2 rounds.

That was before the Fury fight wasn't it, remember Johnny Nelson saying he saw it unfold.

I can see him winning titles at heavyweight, it will obviously be harder but his movement will make him hard to hit clean.

24 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Brian Rose fighting Conrad Cummings next. Don’t know about that one Brian :(

In bigger news GGG and Callum Smith at anfield next may? 

I think that CC v BR will be a good scrap, CC has a lot to prove after that defeat he had and BR really is at last chance saloon. I watched CC sparring with Martin Murray last week they had a right good scrap 

14 hours ago, royal white said:

I think that CC v BR will be a good scrap, CC has a lot to prove after that defeat he had and BR really is at last chance saloon. I watched CC sparring with Martin Murray last week they had a right good scrap 

The turnaround in fights will be tough for Brian at his stage in the game but he’s got plenty in the tank. 

Can’t remember him ever not going to points haha

Needs to hang the gloves up after this one no matter which way it goes. 

Fucker owes me 40 stabs for his windows :D

15 hours ago, gonzo said:

Brian Rose fighting Conrad Cummings next. Don’t know about that one Brian :(

In bigger news GGG and Callum Smith at anfield next may? 

canelo must be laughing his cock off, taking all these fights against our fighters 

all to easy for him

khan, fielding and now smith? jesus

smart man

1 hour ago, L/H White said:

canelo must be laughing his cock off, taking all these fights against our fighters 

all to easy for him

khan, fielding and now smith? jesus

smart man

Golovkin is being teased as an opponent for Callum Smith not Canelo.

Canelo has already beaten his brother Liam at light middlewight.

Errol Spence v Mikey Garcia has been made for March, great fight.

• 2 weeks later...