Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Official Boxing Thread...

gonzo

On 02/02/2021 at 07:39, gonzo said:

DEA have them in top 50 cartels in the world and they pretty much control the whole of Peruvian cocaine exports across the globe.

I've not seen the programme yet but this jumped out at me straight away.  I remember those 2 Irish girls who went to Peru for 'a holiday' and were stopped with loads of cocaine in their luggage. I'm assuming there's some connection?

Either way, McGuigan is brave calling them out.  I imagine there's a few of their critics who have disappeared in the past.

• Members
58 minutes ago, Duck Egg said:

I've not seen the programme yet but this jumped out at me straight away.  I remember those 2 Irish girls who went to Peru for 'a holiday' and were stopped with loads of cocaine in their luggage. I'm assuming there's some connection?

Either way, McGuigan is brave calling them out.  I imagine there's a few of their critics who have disappeared in the past.

Whether you like him or not McGuigan is losing fighters left right and centre. He’s investing the money getting them up to scratch and losing them and his investment.  
Having over 200 boxers on your books is going to cause problems down the line.

All empires fall

• 2 weeks later...
  • Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, RONNIE PHILLIPS said:

Thought Warrington lost the Kid Galahad fight tbf but tonight was different level. It happens to the best though, his next fight will define him. 

Correct. Everyone is entitled to a bad un. I honestly think he's hit his level though, I bet he doesn't fancy an immediate re-match

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Biggish Dave said:

Correct. Everyone is entitled to a bad un. I honestly think he's hit his level though, I bet he doesn't fancy an immediate re-match

Agreed, dedication & determination have took him a long way but he's too one dimensional to be in the elite bracket. 

• 2 weeks later...