Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Official Boxing Thread...

gonzo

On 27/03/2021 at 22:52, Rudy said:

Tyson had the best ring walk, one note, no robe, no fireworks

Get in get out don’t look back 

No socks black shorts black boots cut a whole in a towel stick your head through it and off to the ring. A throw back to the old fighters Tyson loved is history of the greats no frills 

Edited by Farnywhite

10 minutes ago, royal white said:

Looking forward to the Frampton fight tonight. It’s a big ask for him, I’m going for a points win or late stoppage 

I would love him to do it. Is he the fighter he was though? I’m not sure. If he is he wins this. 

• Members
15 minutes ago, Farnywhite said:

No socks black shorts black boots cut a whole in a towel stick your head through it and off to the ring. A throw back to the old fighters Tyson loved is history of the greats no frills 

My favourite boxer ever, no one comes close 

24 minutes ago, royal white said:

Looking forward to the Frampton fight tonight. It’s a big ask for him, I’m going for a points win or late stoppage 

Should be a good un mate looking forward to it 

• Site Supporter

Who was the boxer/boxers who you first supported? I only really watched HW as a sprog so Holmes & Bruno got me into the sport.

RJJ probably the legend I'd love to have seen in his prime

Hatton & J.C my favourites of all time. Been to USA watching both on a few occasions 

• Members
Just now, Biggish Dave said:

Who was the boxer/boxers who you first supported? I only really watched HW as a sprog so Holmes & Bruno got me into the sport.

Hatton & J.C my favourites of all time. Been to USA watching both on a few occasions 

Tyson was the first one I remember being allowed to stay up and watch, saw him live as well. 
I reckon I watched every Mayweather fight from his 25th win

Hatton is up there for me, seen him a few times one in Vegas and we took over the city, it was an out of this world experience

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, Rudy said:

Tyson was the first one I remember being allowed to stay up and watch, saw him live as well. 
I reckon I watched every Mayweather fight from his 25th win

Hatton is up there for me, seen him a few times one in Vegas and we took over the city, it was an out of this world experience

That had to be Mayeather, December 2017.

I missed Red Star away for that as presumably you did.

That week away will live with me for ever. Never been involved in anything like it. One of them "you had to be there" trips to understand

• Site Supporter
Just now, Biggish Dave said:

That had to be Mayeather, December 2017.

I missed Red Star away for that as presumably you did.

That week away will live with me for ever. Never been involved in anything like it. One of them "you had to be there" trips to understand

2007 even

• Site Supporter
17 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

Grew up with Ali being the main man but it was the Hagler/Hearns/Leonard /Duran/Mugabe/Benitez/McCallum/Jackson era that really got me into boxing. So many absolute top quality fighters. 

25 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

Tyson was my first, then in the 90s it was all about Benn/Eubank/Naz. Then on to the Manchester lads From the late 90s onwards. Been to Vegas a few times to watch some massive fights but nothing beats the atmosphere of a full MEN when Hatton was fighting