Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Official Boxing Thread...

gonzo

12 hours ago, Tombwfc said:

I was half joking, but that's nonsense. Of all the Brits Canelo has beat, only Rocky Fielding you could say did worse than Callum Smith. A massive Super Middle, Ring Magazine champion, and he didn't win a round. An embarrassing performance.

None of them did any damage to Canelo really, he's beat them all comfortably. But given it was an absurd physical mismatch Khan did a lot better than fighters who won't get half as much shit.

And Billy, by his own standards, quit.

Agree with that, I think Khan has given  the best Brit performance against Canelo. I’ve just been reminded that matthew Hatton also took him to points 

• Members
5 minutes ago, Winchester White said:

But will they fight at a time to suit the yanks do you think?

I want to watch it but 4am ringwalks are not my bag these days.

Nah it’ll be 11pm here, one of the sticking points was making sure it would be at a good hour for UK audience 

• Members
45 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Basically punched a hole in his face 🙈

...yet there’s still cunts on twitter saying he quit and bottled it.

Need to come off that area of that app. The worst section on there by far.

Canelo knew what he did because he started showboating, the difference in BJS side of his face said it all

9 hours ago, Youri McAnespie said:

What's  Warbreck Drive like, Gonzo? 5 mimutes from The Pub Uncle Toms

Proper mixed bag warbreck drive mate.

One end is in a kind of decent area, some nice big houses in surrounding streets at the side of north shore golf course. 

It runs towards Blackpool through and behind some nice hotels and B&B’s. Towards warbreck hill end there’s pockets of terraced houses with some big properties that were once guest houses. Some unsavoury types down that end but in all not too bad really. 

Uncle Toms is now The Showboat under the Ma Kellys brand. Does really well. Different acts on all day every day and a sports bar at the back. Beer garden has been booming of late for obvious reasons. Greedy cunts put ale up to £4-£4.50 a pint.

8 minutes ago, royal white said:

I’ll kick the ginger cunt in the shin and then give him a Chinese burn 

I reckon' he'd strut in, cocky ringwalk, and you'd steam in, sockless, Tyson-style, click of the heels two liver shots then BOoom! Overhand right to the temple, following uppercut, goodnight sweet prince.

• Site Supporter
5 hours ago, gonzo said:

One end is in a kind of decent area, some nice big houses in surrounding streets at the side of north shore golf course. 

It runs towards Blackpool through and behind some nice hotels and B&B’s. Towards warbreck hill end there’s pockets of terraced houses with some big properties that were once guest houses. Some unsavoury types down that end but in all not too bad really. 

Uncle Toms is now The Showboat under the Ma Kellys brand. Does really well. Different acts on all day every day and a sports bar at the back. Beer garden has been booming of late for obvious reasons. Greedy cunts put ale up to £4-£4.50 a pint.

To be fair, £4.50 isn’t really extortion. 

5 hours ago, gonzo said:

It was sold the house we thought about, did a google map aeriel and it looked good to fair, old b&bs and hmos at other end, I just looked how close to the sea tbh. My brother (36b) lives in town, not seen the cunt in twenty odd years - he lives on one of those shithole streets up from Gynn Square.

Always liked Bispham though, Cleveleys too 

6 hours ago, MickyD said:

To be fair, £4.50 isn’t really extortion. 

Most pubs round here are £3.30-£3.50 for a pint of standard lager.

£4.50 is a bit on the high side for pub in North Shore Blackpool imo. Understand it in season as they’ll be after risnisng holiday makers, but locals shouldn’t be paying that.

15 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Most pubs round here are £3.30-£3.50 for a pint of standard lager.

£4.50 is a bit on the high side for pub in North Shore Blackpool imo. Understand it in season as they’ll be after risnisng holiday makers, but locals shouldn’t be paying that.

Same in Edinburgh when the festival is on. Every pub in town ups it’s prices for the month by between 60p and £1 per drink. 
Just causes bad blood with the locals as we shouldn’t have to pay more. There has been calls for some sort of card so you get a discount but pubs surprisingly aren’t keen. I usually go in town with the lads once every fortnight but festival month we fuck it off and drink out of town. 

36 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Same in Edinburgh when the festival is on. Every pub in town ups it’s prices for the month by between 60p and £1 per drink. 
Just causes bad blood with the locals as we shouldn’t have to pay more. There has been calls for some sort of card so you get a discount but pubs surprisingly aren’t keen. I usually go in town with the lads once every fortnight but festival month we fuck it off and drink out of town. 

Bloke I know lives round Wembley and the pubs there put their prices up whenever there’s an England game on or whatever 

Some of the pubs let regulars pre order their pints the day before and pay the normal rate if they want to go in on a match day 

• Members
32 minutes ago, embankment said:

Reckon another 4 weeks of Tyson and Joshua making their minds up.

Before it gets binned off all together. 

It's a bloody joke

What’s pissing is having an announcement for an announcement 

announce it when it’s signed sealed and delivered