Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Official Boxing Thread...

gonzo

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, gonzo said:

Can’t see wilder v fury happening now.

thats Joshua, wilder and fury all with 3 different US TV networks.

Load of fuckin bullshit 

Everything that’s wrong with the sport and the main reason I rarely go these days. Some very easy money made on Boxing betting even though you need a 7 or 8 fight acca 

9 hours ago, Alf Hartigan said:

if these three don't fight each other in the next 2 years boxing can fuck off for me

I would even throw Dillian Whyte in to that mix. He's not top box office but good enough to get me interested.  And I would give it 12 months. If there's not at least 2 fights between any of these 4 in the next year then folk will start getting pissed off with the whole heavyweight circus.

Edited by Underpants

Listened to fury before on the radio. Way he was speaking he’s claiming his victory over wilder and moving on to other things is how I interpreted it. 

Utter Circus if that rematch doesn’t happen.

However Only decent fight I can see in next 12 months is Joshua vs whyte when that lanky piece off piss Hearn pays a proper share to whyte.  

• Site Supporter
20 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Listened to fury before on the radio. Way he was speaking he’s claiming his victory over wilder and moving on to other things is how I interpreted it. 

However Only decent fight I can see in next 12 months is Joshua vs whyte when that lanky piece off piss Hearn pays a proper share to whyte.  

Can see all three of em fighting their different contenders at this rate,  hopefully one or all of them comes a cropper and makes a mockery of it all.

Fury doesn't hold a title though so how does that work?

4 minutes ago, Alf Hartigan said:

Can see all three of em fighting their different contenders at this rate,  hopefully one or all of them comes a cropper and makes a mockery of it all.

Fury doesn't hold a title though so how does that work?

Doesn’t need a title really. If it’s true he’s been paid £80m over term of his deal. 

Wilder will continue to fight nobody’s I would say. 

Joshua price everyone out the game by low balling until he has to fight whyte. 

Fury will fight nobody of any real note either. As pointed out earlier on here division will become a joke and fans will fuck it off.  

34 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Wasn’t Whyte offered 5 milllion? 

8 hours ago, Escobarp said:

Aye I got that from fury too. 

Said he’d had a decent career and already had some mega fights and already beat wilder in US.

sounded like he was more arsed about the money.

Its totally shit this. 

Fella on wireless said HBO and Showtime have only ever come together twice in their entire history. Lewis - Tyson and Paq- mayweather.

Both networks hate DANZ as they will eventually kill PPV TV off for streaming, subscribe stuff.

Shambles 

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Latham8WFC said:

Crolla v Lomachenko fight agreed for a date in April in LA.

Can't see Crolla getting anywhere near Lomachenko, goes past 8 rounds and he'll have done very well.

Hopefully its a decent pay day for the lad.

Great fight for Ant to take on but totally agree, he gets nowhere near Loma, he really is a couple of steps up on Ant. Can't see it going past 4 or 5 tbh

23 minutes ago, jmjhb said:

Oops

Surprising result really (based on pre fight at least)

Not that surprising if you saw his last few fights and you look at the war he had with Badou Jack, he has nothing left.

If your legs are gone and you can't avoid punches the last person you want to face is a come forward brawler like Eubank, no matter how limited he is.

• 2 weeks later...

went to the Royal Albert Hall on Friday for the show - highly recommended, great venue

Was thinking Dubois looked a little slow and cumbersome close up, but clearly has the power. 

Liam Williams's sister wanted to fight everyone where we were in cheap seats

• 2 weeks later...