Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Official Boxing Thread...

gonzo

• Site Supporter

Can't see it myself. Eubank Jr greatest weapon is his upper cut - he doesn't get close enough to GGG to land them. He'd hunt him down and I reckon would stop him in the mid/late rounds.

Saunders gives him a scrap in that I could see it going the distance but GGG is better in every department and wins by a wide UD.

GGG isn't showing any signs of ageing. He's comfortably the best in his division

• Site Supporter

Most interesting thing to heppen to heavyweight boxing for at least a decade.

Says more about the state of the heavyweight division than anything else, however if he floats your boat fair play. Personally I find him no more interesting than your average loud mouthed gobshite down the pub.

Says more about the state of the heavyweight division than anything else, however if he floats your boat fair play. Personally I find him no more interesting than your average loud mouthed gobshite down the pub.

Your average loud mouth gobshite down the pub isn't the heavyweight champion of the world.

If Fury entertains you all well & good, personally I just switch channels when he's on these days.

Fair enough. Boxing is so far up its own arse that I enjoy somebody playing it for laughs. Same reason I used to like watching Prince Naseem.

For all his talk about using his speed I can't see him being able to resist getting involved in a tear up.

Stumbled across the Prescott fight yesterday.  Even in that where he lost the ability to bend his knees, he still tried to trade before the final knockdown.

Most exciting British Boxer we have had in years (since Naz).  He tends to go out on his shield

Hope he comes through it Saturday, but the weight jump could be very costly