Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Official Boxing Thread...

gonzo

• Site Supporter
29 minutes ago, royal white said:

Nope, I’m putting options out there what other boxing fans may be thinking. In my opinion no way TF will fight DW before the year was out.

As you were 

It wasn't a criticism. My thoughts have changed over the last 12 hours. Thought there was absolutely no chance Fury could face both this year, but for some reason the possibility seems a bit more likely. Probably all the post-fight hype.

• Members
4 minutes ago, Cheese said:

It wasn't a criticism. My thoughts have changed over the last 12 hours. Thought there was absolutely no chance Fury could face both this year, but for some reason the possibility seems a bit more likely. Probably all the post-fight hype.

if Fury doesn’t fight again and his next fight is AJ earliest they can fight is October because of training camps.

A lot hinges on whether there is a defence/rematch first.

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Rudy’s Message said:

if Fury doesn’t fight again and his next fight is AJ earliest they can fight is October because of training camps.

A lot hinges on whether there is a defence/rematch first.

I understand that. But if there's enough money involved, anything is possible in boxing.

• Members
1 minute ago, Cheese said:

I understand that. But if there's enough money involved, anything is possible in boxing.

You might be right, the mandatories cause a problem. Pulev has earned his shot and Whyte has earned it and has been waiting for about 4 years. It’s a joke he’s not a title fight in so long 

10 hours ago, Sweep said:

I bet it doesn't, Saudi Arabia will host it, they'll pay the big bucks, far more than could be generated in the UK

possible mate

but the 2 most popular HW's in years are english, horrendous decison to rob the british public of this one

tbh, i dont think it happens anyway

• Members

Never been a fan of the 'sport' but like to see the Brits in the ascendancy. Never forgotten what the cheating bastards did to rob Henry Cooper of his victory over Cassius Clay in '63.

My lad thinks Fury is ace. Loved some comment Fury made about Wilder being the third best heavyweight and when asked by Wilder who was second Fury replied 'your mother'.

• Members
2 minutes ago, L/H White said:

wilder to invoke the rematch clause, zzzzzz

Was always gonna happen

2 minutes ago, kent_white said:

OK Deontay - sounds reasonable! 😂😂😂

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/51623455

Ffs if you’re willing to look that much of a tit walking to the ring, then back it up in the ring, or at least be humble in defeat

1 minute ago, L/H White said:

we all knew he would, its just pointless, apart from the money

It is about the money, of course it is. You have to remember that in the main, nobody in the US was that interested in Wilder, he wasn't fighting massive sell out venues, he was taking $1M and $2M purses......another fight with Fury will probably get him upwards of $15M, I suspect he knows he won't win, but that's a lot of money, and he'll be nowhere near earning that sort of money if he has to "start again"

3 minutes ago, L/H White said:

it's like garrp asking sober dan for round 2, nobody wants to see it

It wouldn't be sanctioned, the absolute pounding that Garrp took was devastating. Plus Garrp runs a mile and hides every time he sees Dan now anyway

• Members

Anyone who thinks Wilder won’t be a dangerous rematch is Crazy. 
He got beat by the better man but Wilder still has the best right in boxing and Fury has been caught by it twice. It’s not a forgone conclusion that Fury will beat him again. Plus any champion has the right to a rematch, if they didn’t AJ wouldn’t have 3 belts.

Whether they ask Wilder to hold off and let Fury AJ Happen and then he gets a shot we’ll have to see. 
Too many mandatories causing problems IMO