Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Official Boxing Thread...

gonzo

Just now, Rudy’s Message said:

Toss of a coin who is the best P4P Canelo or Crawford different animals those fuckers

BJS is nowhere near. 

Crawford for me. Remember being at the Ricky burns fight and thinking back then he was something special and he just toyed with burns. 
canelo is a beast as well 

then you’ve lomachenko to throw into the debate as well 

• Members

Staying in has had me on a boxing binge, watched fights of some of my favourite boxers, Sugar Ray, Manny, Hatton, Roy Jones Jr, Holyfield.

He didn’t have the greatest record and wasn’t without his flaws but for my money, Mike Tyson is the greatest and my favourite boxer. He became the youngest HW champion at 20 when he knocked out Trevor Berbick who was 33. 

I love everything about Tyson in the ring, he was so minimalistic, and focused, the small shorts, small boots, walked to the ring with that one tone walk in music that just deafened you, just stared at his opponent with those great white shark eyes, he had done 80% of the damage to his opponent before a bell was even rung.

For all his flaws outside of the ring he was damn near flawless inside it.

“I'm the best ever. I'm the most brutal and vicious, and most ruthless champion there has ever been. There's no one that can stop me. Lennox is conqueror? No, I'm Alexander, he's no Alexander. I'm the best ever. There's never been anybody as ruthless. I'm Sonny Liston, i'm Jack Dempsy. There's no one like me. I'm from their cloth. There's no one that can catch me. My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable and im just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat his children. Praise be to Allah”

-Mike Tyson

• Site Supporter

I still say a prime Tyson beats any other HW in history in their prime. Holyfield, Lewis and Vitali in their primes give him trouble but I’d back him against them all.

Shame it can never be seen, what tear ups they would have been

• Members
12 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

I still say a prime Tyson beats any other HW in history in their prime. Holyfield, Lewis and Vitali in their primes give him trouble but I’d back him against them all.

Completely agree. Have you seen a video of him lately, throwing punches? his speed is still absolute lightning. 

• Site Supporter
14 minutes ago, Rudy’s Message said:

Completely agree. Have you seen a video of him lately, throwing punches? his speed is still absolute lightning. 

Yes, seen it. Still looks really sharp. If he says it’s Tuesday then Tuesday it is

• Members
23 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

Yes, seen it. Still looks really sharp. If he says it’s Tuesday then Tuesday it is

Nicknames make me smile in boxing, Sugar, King, The real deal, Mike was and still known as the baddest man on the planet.😂

5 hours ago, Biggish Dave said:

As much as a fan I was I still think he struggles against LL, EH the Klitschko bothers and TF 

• Site Supporter
6 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Bit behind with everything that’s going on. 

Whats the craic with Tyson fury and this new drugs thing?

Nowt’s been said for a few days but there was a good article in the Times on Saturday. 

They reckon UKAD will definitely reopen the case now that the farmer has admitted that he lied on oath.

Edited by Steejay

• Members
3 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Bit behind with everything that’s going on. 

Whats the craic with Tyson fury and this new drugs thing?

He was banned for Nandrolone after he beat Klitscko. Some farmer said it was boar meat. He swore under oath.

Now he’s come out and said he was bribed by Team Fury.

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, Rudy’s Message said:

He was banned for Nandrolone after he beat Klitscko. Some farmer said it was boar meat. He swore under oath.

Now he’s come out and said he was bribed by Team Fury.

He didn’t get his 25k so that’s why he’s squealing.

• Members
2 minutes ago, Winchester White said:

So what's the likely outcome if he is found guilty?

Grey area, he was cleared, and he was banned for cocaine already. This is a separate charge and Fury has more money than UKAD and the British board so I’d imagine his lawyers will contest until they crumble, but if not it should be a four year ban, which wouldn’t be far off being over anyways.