Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Official Boxing Thread...

gonzo

• Site Supporter

Anyone watched the C5 boxing? Not the best but that’s how I got started watching some great British champions.

My fire for sport has got the kindling burning. I’m interested in Bolton more than I have been for years and British boxing is getting on my hit list again.

• Members
10 hours ago, Escobarp said:

Don’t forget this now means fury AJ can happen easier.  Wouldn’t be too sure it’s scuppered eddies masterplan completely. 

Rematch Clause in place. He’ll still be the Mandatory if he wins. Povetkin was always a dangerous fight, he rocked AJ twice. 

21 minutes ago, Rudy said:

Rematch Clause in place. He’ll still be the Mandatory if he wins. Povetkin was always a dangerous fight, he rocked AJ twice. 

Yes but it now means he won’t have been mandatory for x length of time so easier to swerve and kick it into the long grass. Defo means aj fury easier and happens next year as long as both win next fights 

• Members
12 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Yes but it now means he won’t have been mandatory for x length of time so easier to swerve and kick it into the long grass. Defo means aj fury easier and happens next year as long as both win next fights 

Wouldn’t have mattered anyways Whyte wasn’t gonna fight Fury before Wilder. If he beats Povetkin he’ll be in the same position as he was before he got KO’d

Whyte v Povetkin winner of that becomes Mandatory to fight the winner of AJ/Pulev Fury/Wilder

AJ V Pulev will have 3 belts

Fury V Wilder will have one 

15 minutes ago, Rudy said:

Wouldn’t have mattered anyways Whyte wasn’t gonna fight Fury before Wilder. If he beats Povetkin he’ll be in the same position as he was before he got KO’d

Whyte v Povetkin winner of that becomes Mandatory to fight the winner of AJ/Pulev Fury/Wilder

AJ V Pulev will have 3 belts

Fury V Wilder will have one 

We will need to  disagree mate.  if fury beats wilder and whyte beats povetkin in the rematch, because whyte lost last night his mandatory won’t be next year thus meaning AJ can fight fury next year and whyte will wait longer again for his mandatory. Only if he win last night was it impossible to kick it down the road. 

2 hours ago, Escobarp said:

Not as robbed as persoon against Taylor.  Shocking scorecards 

The thing I don't understand about that fight was Persoon was obviously the better fighter but in the interview after the fight she said she deserved to lose, bizzare. 

• Site Supporter
14 minutes ago, glennboltw said:

The thing I don't understand about that fight was Persoon was obviously the better fighter but in the interview after the fight she said she deserved to lose, bizzare. 

Only saw the 2nd half of that fight & whilst she was busy & on the front foot it's possible the judges thought that Taylor landed the cleaner punches... That said I would have given it to Persoon myself 🤔

• Site Supporter
19 minutes ago, glennboltw said:

Here’s a wad of cash, be graceful in your acceptance of defeat.

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, ErnestTurnip said:

Twitter shitstorm earlier because PaddyPower refusing to pay out on the KO saying it was actually a TKO.

When it was announced as “The referee stopped the fight...” I said that this was more a KO than a TKO. Alright, the ref jumped in immediately stopping the fight but there was no way even a 30 count would’ve seen him get off the canvas. 

• Members
5 hours ago, Escobarp said:

We will need to  disagree mate.  if fury beats wilder and whyte beats povetkin in the rematch, because whyte lost last night his mandatory won’t be next year thus meaning AJ can fight fury next year and whyte will wait longer again for his mandatory. Only if he win last night was it impossible to kick it down the road. 

Think they’ve said that Whyte is guranteed to fight after Fury Wilder due to how long he’s been no.1 contender

3 hours ago, ErnestTurnip said:

Twitter shitstorm earlier because PaddyPower refusing to pay out on the KO saying it was actually a TKO.

How was it a TKO 😂 he was spark out before he hit the deck

4 hours ago, Escobarp said:

Not as robbed as persoon against Taylor.  Shocking scorecards 

I know I was pissed last night but couldn’t believe the scorecards 

• Members
Just now, Escobarp said:

I think he beats wilder again, beats AJ twice and then retires as undisputed, gets back bang at it and puts 14 stone on. 

I hate the undefeated boxer. One loss and their entire career overshadows it. Fuckin Mayweathers fault