Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Official Boxing Thread...

gonzo

"From Bolton, Lancashire, England"

Come on Amir

Most exciting boxer we have at the moment. Takes on all comers usually in their backyard

He will be getting my support tonight

He's a game, brave lad and he has dedicated himself to the sport, admirable given how tough it is and how he could just toss it off and live very comfortably if he chose, and could've done so a long time ago.

Like hagler said (ish) it gets hard to get up in the middle of the night and go running, when you are sleeping in silk sheets.

As I said above, he's not durable enough and just not quite good enough at the elite level but very very few British fighters are. Only Lewis in my lifetime i reckon, and it's debatable whether he was British, in fairness. His fight education was not in Britain.

Khan is a genuine world class fighter, Bolton born and bred.

Hope he pulls it off tonight and would love him to get a mega fight with Floyd or pacquiao.

• Site Supporter

Sat behind Amir in Business Class on a flight to Chicago O'Hare about 10 years ago. Had a brief chat with him while we were waiting for our luggage. Nice lad. He's also a fucking good boxer, and if he ever gets the Mayweather fight, it'll be a blinder. Like him even more for the professional way he goes about his business. None of this pantomime bullshit.

Keep Boxing like that and he would cause Mayweather real problems. He seems to be much broader than most at that weight

apparently Khan walks around heavier than Golovkin when not fighting.

absolutely bonkers

he must have been killing himself to make 140

apparently Khan walks around heavier than Golovkin when not fighting.

absolutely bonkers

he must have been killing himself to make 140

Considering he was at 135 not long ago, moreso.

He's not a big welter though. Then again not many are, right now. Not like your tony margarito or Paul Williams, 6 ft plus, big guys.

Cracking performance last night. He's got to be up at the front of the queue for Floyd / manny now but ironically they'll likely fight each other, rematch, and quit.