Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Official Boxing Thread...

gonzo

• 2 weeks later...

Prizefighter from sunny blackpoo this Saturday,anyone going?

Keep an eye out for Jack Arnfield.

He's quality.

Gonna stick a few quid on him later.

Don't know much about Carson Jones who Brian Rose is fighting...it will be a tad lively when that is on.

Back story to it

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/blog/2015/feb/11/mike-tyson-underdog-buster-douglas-boxing-from-the-vault

Tyson had no interest in sparring, but he built up a sweat with the local women. David Haye famously refrained from sex for six weeks before his fights, explaining his reticence with the mantra: “Find a lion that hasn’t had some food for a while, and you’ve got a dangerous cat.” Tyson saw things differently: “Besides having sex with the maids, I was seeing this young Japanese girl who I had had sex with the last time I was in Japan. Robin [his wife] would go out shopping and I would go downstairs to the back of the hotel where this young girl had a room... So that was my training for Douglas.”

Keep an eye out for Jack Arnfield.

He gets good quality.

:shiftyninja:

Ormond - Flanagan is a very interesting fight on Boxnation tonight. Rose should beat Jones fairly comfortably on points, Jones is a sold, likeable figher but a bit flattered from Brook running out of gas in their first fight.

Was it Jack Arnfield who got involved in drug dealing a couple of years ago - albeit on a minor level. His career seems to have stalled over the last couple of years but that said, I haven't been watching anywhere near the same amount of local shows

Aye I think he got in above his head at one point and involved in some big time fellas.

He's struggled getting a pro licsence due to his convictions.

Him and his pals are small fry compared to some members of the Rose camp.

Good weekend of boxing this weekend. Two world title fights involving British fighters but both got big tasks on there hands.

The Martin Murray fight is being shown on channel 5 for those that dont know plus he has a bolton lad working in his corner. (Well he has done in his past fights)

Yes still with him and over there now should be a cracking fight hope Murray can do the job but it's a big ask

• Site Supporter

It's hardly surprising when they have their own World title fight on at the same time...which is the more competitive fight in all honesty.

Just find it bizarre listening to them talking about Smith/Abrahams as if it's the fight of the century, when it's not even the fight of the weekend, just because it's not being covered by them.

They are easily the best sports channel in this country, but they should recognise the best events in their news coverage.