Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Official Boxing Thread...

gonzo

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Seen quite a few papers reporting Khan - Pacquio was close to being a done deal and it could even happen at the Macron in May. I don't see it happening though and definitely not in Bolton, would like to be proved wrong though.

Always thought it would be a decent venue as far as football stadiums go for boxing. Good size and design, would be some night with 30k+ in.

• Site Supporter

Cracking move for Scott, Roach is a proven top class coach. Gallagher is a good coach but falls down at the elite level.

Quigg has a great work ethic so if anyone can make it work, he can. I had a sneaky feeling this would happen, Scott has been in L.A a lot just recently

Yeah I don't think there's much disagreement that the tactics weren't up to much for Quigg's blemishes against Frampton & Salinas and a change might be in order. Hopefully it works out for him, I would pick Selby, Frampton and LSC to beat him still though - would like to see the fights made. Wonder if there is a chance he gets Selby on the Wembley undercard.

Seen quite a few papers reporting Khan - Pacquio was close to being a done deal and it could even happen at the Macron in May. I don't see it happening though and definitely not in Bolton, would like to be proved wrong though.

Always thought it would be a decent venue as far as football stadiums go for boxing. Good size and design, would be some night with 30k+ in.

It's happening on 23rd April, venue tbc.

He's gonna get his arse kicked but he'll be a very rich man getting his arse kicked.

I kind of think that's his plan. He could fight a series of bums and build up a great wins v losses record, but nobody would be interested.

He takes a fight like this, and will probably lose (I hope he doesn't) but he'll make some serious dough out of it.