Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Red Wine Thread

globaldiver

Anyone floating past Clitheroe, call in Byrnes wine shop. They have offers laid out in middle of first room. Only ever had one bottle of them I didn't like and those guys behind the counter know their stuff if you need advice.

I can vouch for this...its an excellent place to buy from, also there is a new wine shop in Whalley with tasting sessions at your leisure run by 3 people who really know their stuff. Cant go wrong at either.

I started drinking red wine at Uni in 1997 and its just such a mello relaxed laidback buzz that I love it, 3 bottles and no hangover ticks all my boxes.

I used to drink the Chilean stuff but that seems to have gone off lately, tho Rioja is always a winner it seems.

To impress my exes M&D I bought them a bottle of Chateua Neuf du Pape as I was told the love red win . I didnt realise they were borderline alcoholics and quaffed it as soon as the bottle was open, I had half a glass and it was ther most georgeous drink ever.

Not cheap at all but its now the gift I give to everyone with never a single bad word.

• 2 weeks later...