Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Away Days 2013/2014

coppullwhite

After last seasons terrible atmosphere at the Reebok iv decided to just do away trips and keep toting up the grounds list when funds are available, but after doing weekend trips to 70% of last seasons fixture list it got a bit expensive and really messy, problem is the grounds I haven't done are either, London bound, New comers bound, Middlesbrough Ipswich and Barnsley, obviously do locals in and out but just wondering if there's any big weekend's folk are tempted or getting giddy about?

After last seasons terrible atmosphere at the Reebok iv decided to just do away trips and keep toting up the grounds list when funds are available, but after doing weekend trips to 70% of last seasons fixture list it got a bit expensive and really messy, problem is the grounds I haven't done are either, London bound, New comers bound, Middlesbrough Ipswich and Barnsley, obviously do locals in and out but just wondering if there's any big weekend's folk are tempted or getting giddy about?

Brighton

Bournemouth

Yeovil

Guest bwfcdan

Peterborough away!

Oh wait... Booooooo!

Would have liked to have done Bournemouth/Brighton/Yeovil as weekenders but can't attend any of them as it stands. Stopover looks likely for QPR though.

Definitely going to Burnley and Shrewsbury (cup) as a starting point. Afternoon sesh for Blackpool sounds good as well.

For what it's worth in the original post, I thought the atmosphere at the Reebok last season was pretty good for quite a few games.

Would have liked to have done Bournemouth/Brighton/Yeovil as weekenders but can't attend any of them as it stands. Stopover looks likely for QPR though.

Definitely going to Burnley and Shrewsbury (cup) as a starting point. Afternoon sesh for Blackpool sounds good as well.

For what it's worth in the original post, I thought the atmosphere at the Reebok last season was pretty good for quite a few games.

Agree about the Reebok matt

Yeah I thought atmosphere at home games was better on some occasions than for a few seasons before. Some were obviously not great, having to keep getting up there on Tuesdays straight from work is never good but otherwise I enjoyed home games for the first time in a while.

The feeling on the concourse at half time against Blackpool after those two stoppage time goals was electric!

As for aways this season, got to pick and choose a bit more with a holiday coming up in November to save for so some of the dearer ones I did last season like Brighton and a couple of the London ones will have to give way this time as I want to carry on adding to my grounds list. I fancy hitting the 92 at some point but got a long, long way to go.

Therefore its a yes for all the local aways, Yeovil, QPR and Ipswich - and I really hope to do Bournemouth too but we'll see.

Its a definite "no, never again" for the likes of Boro and Birmingham!

My problem is with the Reebok is probably 20 out of the 23 games last season most folk just chatted betwhen themselves or with each.other and didn't seem as interested in esl, aways are always better and more enjoyable win lose or draw, especially Peterborough that was carnage, I'm quite up.for.Doncaster, not.bothered about London, hate the.tube!!! More than tomski hates eagles :p Bournemouth or Yeovil sound good to, buzzing for dingles though!

Edited by coppullwhite

My problem is with the Reebok is probably 20 out of the 23 games last season most folk just chatted betwhen themselves or with each.other and didn't seem as interested in esl, aways are always better and more enjoyable win lose or draw, especially Peterborough that was carnage, I'm quite up.for.Doncaster, not.bothered about London, hate the.tube!!! More than tomski hates eagles :p Bournemouth or Yeovil sound good to, buzzing for dingles though!

Im still a bit in awe of London after only 6 or 7 trips for football or just sightseeing, maybe Ill get sick of it in time but at the moment I find it a great city with so many different interesting things to see, visit and get pissed in. Quite like the tube too!

Good day that at Peterborough, felt like a bit of an achievement just to get there as the journey wasn't exactly straightforward and the weather was absolutely shocking - someone *ahem - Anewman* started a rumour on here that it had been called off too!

Away end superb, match was just daft.