Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

The Capper....the Skipper

jules_darby

Which friendlies are you going to pal?

All mate.

Rotherham, shrewsbury and Carlisle.

Wasnt gonna bother with the kids for the Chester game but with the weather being so nice then a few beers in Chester is better than a few beers back home.

What about U?

All mate.

Rotherham, shrewsbury and Carlisle.

Wasnt gonna bother with the kids for the Chester game but with the weather being so nice then a few beers in Chester is better than a few beers back home.

What about U?

Fancy ticking Carlisle off. Tend to like just getting 1 in before the start of the season. If we do come up Ill give you a shout.

There's a few candidates for me. Obviously Knight seen as he was last season, personally I don't think he opens his mouth anywhere near as much which can be seen from just how much of a shambles the defence was v Blackpool when Dawson was no longer there.

If we get Dawson back then I reckon he's nailed on.

If we don't get Dawson but we get Spearing then I reckon he'll get it.

From what has been said about Baptiste then I wouldn't be surprised if he got it, although I've personally got no idea whether he's a good candidate or not.

And then a few other options IMO would be Medo who I think will play pretty much every game, Wheater if he is going to be 1st choice or possibly even Holden if he's going to be a starter by the start of the season.

There's a few candidates for me. Obviously Knight seen as he was last season, personally I don't think he opens his mouth anywhere near as much which can be seen from just how much of a shambles the defence was v Blackpool when Dawson was no longer there.

If we get Dawson back then I reckon he's nailed on.

If we don't get Dawson but we get Spearing then I reckon he'll get it.

From what has been said about Baptiste then I wouldn't be surprised if he got it, although I've personally got no idea whether he's a good candidate or not.

And then a few other options IMO would be Medo who I think will play pretty much every game, Wheater if he is going to be 1st choice or possibly even Holden if he's going to be a starter by the start of the season.

Anybody but Knight, then?

Anybody but Knight, then?

That was the hidden message as I still fucking detest the clown. No matter how much people try to tell me that he's not that bad I will never agree. The only reason he had a half decent run was because he ha Dawson talking him through the whole game. As soon as he didn't have him to tell him what to do v Blackpool he showed his true colours and was just as shit as he was before.

Not only would I not have him as captain but I'd have him nowhere near the team, BUT if Freedman thinks he is the best man for the job then I am happy to accept it because unlike Coyle I honestly believe Freedman has a calculated rationale for each decision he makes.

But yes, for me it is very much ABK

I'd like to have the hearing of some of you lot.

Dougie made knight captain in the latter stages of last season for a reason

Dawson and Spearing weren't our players, Medo hadn't been here long enough, Holden wasn't around.

The only other realistic options were Pratley, Ricketts or Bogdan so for me it was more Dougie choosing Knight out of those 4 which isn't a huge surprise.

If Knight is made captain this season when we have a lot more choice then fair enough, Dougie clearly thinks he is the best captain in our squad. I hope to god this isn't the case though.