Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

The Mithering Bloke In The Pub.

leigh white

Reet, i take's mi mam all over the shops in St Helens today looking for stuff in places i don't dwell in, but put up with it because mam's do that. Anyway, i tell her i will see her back at the car in about an hour and duly take her bags back. Time for a quick pint and a read of the paper in a beer garden, no sooner had i sat down the local mitherer came over with all the woe's of the world on his back to tell me. Look mate, just give us a break, been walking aimlessly round your town for the last two hours and want to chill out for an hour with a pint.

Every pub has one .

You try to be polite but sometimes the only way out is to be blunt with him.

Some of them just aim to be contrary.

Bloke in my local does my box in,remember one time I stormed out , because he wanted an argument over bloody Goulash !!!!

When I worked in Warrington I used to call for a pint on my way home. As soon as they got used to me in the pub - been working ? had a busy day ? I'd not go in again, I'd find another boozer and call in there.

A bloke in the Cart and Horses just wouldn't take fuck off for an answer. Sky Sports, Daily Mirror, Evening News, nowt would shut the bastard up. 

When I worked in Warrington I used to call for a pint on my way home. As soon as they got used to me in the pub - been working ? had a busy day ? I'd not go in again, I'd find another boozer and call in there.

A bloke in the Cart and Horses just wouldn't take fuck off for an answer. Sky Sports, Daily Mirror, Evening News, nowt would shut the bastard up. 

Did you ever try the "fuck off" route?

It's funny, i clocked a well known mitherer yesterday on Tyldesley market and went over, at least he talked football sense and he was showing me his match tickets for the Ashes at O/T. Fuck me i had a rag ear after half an hour and not getting a word in edgeways.

It's funny, i clocked a well known mitherer yesterday on Tyldesley market and went over, at least he talked football sense and he was showing me his match tickets for the Ashes at O/T. Fuck me i had a rag ear after half an hour and not getting a word in edgeways.

The moral in that tale is....never mither a mitherer :-)

You always said you were a magnet for these creatures. There's a lonely bastard been going in Gadi's recently constantly trying to tell me how many internet wimmin he's shagging but he can't make his mind up which to settle down with. As you know, there's not a great deal of places to escape to in there so I had to make the switch to English with, " I don't fucking care ". Hey presto ! Neaw said owt since.

They are exactly why I very rarely indulge in a pint in our pegs pub.

Fuckers thinking they can bowl up and talk to me like my best mate about pub stuff when I havnt got the foggiest who they are.

Plus one of them must know something about my coat the cunts.

Reet, i take's mi mam all over the shops in St Helens today looking for stuff in places i don't dwell in, but put up with it because mam's do that. Anyway, i tell her i will see her back at the car in about an hour and duly take her bags back. Time for a quick pint and a read of the paper in a beer garden, no sooner had i sat down the local mitherer came over with all the woe's of the world on his back to tell me. Look mate, just give us a break, been walking aimlessly round your town for the last two hours and want to chill out for an hour with a pint.

an hour for a pint, you lightweight

They are exactly why I very rarely indulge in a pint in our pegs pub.

Fuckers thinking they can bowl up and talk to me like my best mate about pub stuff when I havnt got the foggiest who they are.

Plus one of them must know something about my coat the cunts.

That's why you take the little 'un isn't it, so you can get away? :D

That's why you take the little 'un isn't it, so you can get away? :D

Haha!

Exactly!

I give him the prep talk before we go downstairs....

"listen son,when we get downstairs I want you to completely disgraguard any company I may be in and just run around the pub as quick as you can,invade dinners tables and try and go behind the bar,then throw a big massive wobbler because you don't want to leave and make the whole pub and restaurant stare over and think what a wank father he obviously is,and force the aforementioned company I may be in to get the hell out of there"

Works a treat mate..