Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Bolton 0 Qpr 1

anewman

Aye, but same personnel.

Oh aye, Craig Davies played last week, too!

Just remembered!

Anyway, on Ream, I don't think he's there so much to protect the back four as to offer a bit more depth in midfield. Knight and Wheater sit deep because they're both slowboats, and that makes the pitch really fucking big for the middle two in a 4-4-2. Ream puts another level in there to stop that happening. Because you're sacrificing width, though, playing like that relies on your front two playing like they've at least been introduced to one another.

Aye

I don't get why that was the plan for today though

QPR were always going to be attacking down the wings with the two centre mids they have.

We basically made it easy for them to play they wanted to play.

Someone heckled me outside Scott's for my choice of summer attire and then said hello.

I think it was oggy.

My apologies for being ignorant and not coming over,but I'm blind as a bat and only realised it was you halfway through the game.

Xx

No problem, I wished I had put my shorts on come half time.My biggest shock was talking to Brixton at half time when he informed me he was only 46 

I'd not have been rushing to start Hall after last week and there weren't many on here keen to give Lee another go.

Options were pretty limited after that.

New thread -  "two consecutive words in a sensible thread that are only one letter short of a nonce's name".

This is the only one, surely....

New thread -  "two consecutive words in a sensible thread that are only one letter short of a nonce's name".

This is the only one, surely....

As a callow youth, Gary Cahill received a police caution for illegal tipping, but even though he claims to have learnt his lesson, I've seen Gary litter.

Ream was decent

But fuck me, a midfield 3 of Ream Spearing and Medo isn't going to create anything

It was so fucking obvious from the first minute when SWP had loads of space that they'd cause us problems down the wings. That's where their goal came from

I'm worried, we had limited chances

Even if we had Rhodes in that team he wouldn't have had a kick

I hope Dougie doesn't do that again

It's ridiculously a must win at Blackburn next week

Coywm

Blackpool are top of the league, beat reading today there are no excuses pre season was a shambles he does not know his best 11 or formation, he has to buck up and quick because he's not impressing me and no doubt not impressing the powers that matter.

Don't think he gives a shit about impressing you

Gartside employed him so can't see no problem their

Things don't change overnight

And who the fuck brought the donkeylashers into it

30 minutes in and it was clear we needed to go 442 even clearer after they scored Freedman then takes off 2 strikers when he should have just taken Ream off and gone 4-4-2 the team and the peculiar formation he chose after he took beckford and NGog off beggared belief.

Beckford needed to come off as nothing was happening for him and he was getting frustrated.

Ngog wanted to come off as he hadn't trained all week.

But I'm sure you know best.

Firstly, has anyone mention CYL going over to the corner kicks but never taking a short one? Whats that all about?

CYL made Barton look shit today, so that in my book, is a good performance.

QPR are a well rounded talented team, people are forgetting that. We played a promotion team.

Beckford with confidence would have took the extra touch, and scored. Its been a long time since I've seen a bolton player run through with pace like that though and was encouraging.

Hall looks like a young ricky gardiner with a end product and needs to start. I can't believe West Ham let him go. Raw Talent.

Yet to see andre moritz give the ball away, looks like a class above. Same with Medo.

I think we are going through a transition as a team but we will be ok, We have played some good teams...

I'm not worried.

Don't think he gives a shit about impressing you

Gartside employed him so can't see no problem their

Things don't change overnight

And who the fuck brought the donkeylashers into it

The excuses are we've no money people say but were playing Reading, Freedman wasted pre season to work on formation, we have looked way short against Burnley who looked more miotivated than we did they have a pathetic budget to ours and lost Austin the day before, Reading outclassed us second half their manager changed it after a poor first half Freedman had no response, Forest I will write that off bad day at the office, QPR woeful formation meaning the 2 up top got no service from wide as we had no width, a simple change Ream for Hall would have give us width and allow chances to be created for the 2 up top, footballs a simple game currently Freedman making it look difficult, people entitled to their opinion and let's hope the Freedman backers are right, currently I'm failing to be convinced.

Edited by Mounts Kipper

Taking Ream off for Hall gives them the midfield. Freedman was trying to win the midfield battle make it a tight game and come out on the right side of a 1-0 or a 2-1. I don't see why that is terrible or a bad thing. If Beckford scored when he should have we probably would have done so. Or if Medo's shot had gone in off the post. Why people are so desperate to open our midfield up and expose Knight and Wheater I have no idea!

Edited by bwfcfan5

Who thought QPR looked good yesterday, I certainly wasn't impressed by them. Spent all that money, their no better than us. I'm convinced had we set up differently to attacked them instead of playing like an away team we would have won comfortably. Beckford is never going to score if he doesn't get any service.

Who thought QPR looked good yesterday, I certainly wasn't impressed by them. Spent all that money, their no better than us. I'm convinced had we set up differently to attacked them instead of playing like an away team we would have won comfortably. Beckford is never going to score if he doesn't get any service.

I don't think they were great either

The most worrying thing is that the folk happy with the results and the nature of them, probably said the same in the relegation year at this time.

This is exactly my take, I understand posters jumping to Freedmans defence but when what is happening on the pitch is plain for all to see I can't say it's white when it's clearly black.

• Site Supporter

442 diamond with a holding midfielder, 2 box to boxers covering wide when required and a man behind the front two with little responsibility of getting back and just being aloud to support the front men - I liked it :D

Needs work but I see a future there.

In certain games obviously.

Edited by HomerJay

4141, I liked it

4-1-4-1?

Dougie's interview stated he couldn't play N'Gog where he wants to - I.e. deep lying behind Beckford....therefore there was 2 right up top yesterday for a start

It was simply a narrow 4-4-2 diamond

Or 4-1-2-1-2 if that helps

Unless maybe you're talking about when we made the subs homo??

• Site Supporter

4141, I liked it

I was intrigued by the formation,

would have worked if Chungy, Beckford and Ngog would have been on their game,they all seem afraid of shooting, but if you cant keep the ball in their half, we're always going to concede...

Ream played really well in that position.

Our major issue is that the two best players on the pitch are defensive midfields..

Lets hope Beckford nets one against Trashmere, and gives him that boost to start banging them in,

I was intrigued by the formation,

would have worked if Chungy, Beckford and Ngog would have been on their game,they all seem afraid of shooting, but if you cant keep the ball in their half, we're always going to concede...

Ream played really well in that position.

Our major issue is that the two best players on the pitch are defensive midfields..

Lets hope Beckford nets one against Trashmere, and gives him that boost to start banging them in,

Had one chance so far this season?