Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Iv Been In Some Grim Pubs

Garrp

• Members

If ever in this neck of the woods, avoid the Naval Base pub.

A favoured watering hole of Hells Angels, Coffin Cheaters, Rebels, Gods Garbage and Club Deroes not to mention most of Perths other bad fcukers.

Those who have seen Blues Brothers will recall a bar where wire netting is across the stage to protect the (most often XXX rated) performers. Same at this place.

The Balcarres in Aspull/Haigh is not that bad really.  My mates boyfriend goes in and he's a bit of a loon, but I've been in a few times and it isn't too bad.

My mate went to a pub in Bootle (I think) after a gig two months ago.  She got there, it was all men, smoking in the pub, doing lines off the tables, helping themselves to beer behind the bar, talking about all sorts of crimes they'd been involved in.  She'd taken her 16 year old daughter to the gig, so made a sharp exit.

I went in what I think was called the White House in Ancoats with Juan Kerr mid 90's. Hell fire, that's all I can say.

Hell fire indeed. I'd forgotten about that. Bloody hell that was grim. Them were the days weren't they. Just going to help our  Juan shift some furniture. Get back  hours later pissed up.

• Site Supporter

The White Horse in Irlam. Fucking hell. I spent a weekend at a mates house in Irlam a few years back, and The White Horse was his local. Went in there at 10am and didn't leave till 5 or 6 the following morning. Shit hole full of dodgy fuckers, but as long as you're with "one of them", they're alright. At one point in the night, aa lad who looked a bit like a student walked in, and he was legging it away down the road within 30 seconds. Later on, one of the regulars brought a pizza in, and the landlord told him he couldn't eat it in the pub. This resulted in 5 or 6 beer bottles being thrown at him, and he didn't give a fuck. People doing coke off the pool table 6 feet from the bar, staff selling pills over the bar, the entire pub involved in a massive game of killer. One of the most enjoyable weekends I've ever had.

Went in the Dukesgate in Little Hulton a while back and a young lad, friend of a friend, showed me a stab wound in the belly he'd got the night before in the Brass Handles. Don't think he'd had it treated, wasn't TOO bad but it was still a knife in the belly whichever way you look at it. He was very matter of fact about it all.

What was even worse, he told me once he'd scarpered from the pub the police saw him nearby, bloody t shirt and all. Stopped him, said 'have you been fucking about in there?' (i.e. the Brass Handles) and told him to clear off before exiting the scene themselves.

The White Horse in Irlam. Fucking hell. I spent a weekend at a mates house in Irlam a few years back, and The White Horse was his local. Went in there at 10am and didn't leave till 5 or 6 the following morning. Shit hole full of dodgy fuckers, but as long as you're with "one of them", they're alright. At one point in the night, aa lad who looked a bit like a student walked in, and he was legging it away down the road within 30 seconds. Later on, one of the regulars brought a pizza in, and the landlord told him he couldn't eat it in the pub. This resulted in 5 or 6 beer bottles being thrown at him, and he didn't give a fuck. People doing coke off the pool table 6 feet from the bar, staff selling pills over the bar, the entire pub involved in a massive game of killer. One of the most enjoyable weekends I've ever had.

I've had a few very wild nights in there,always good fun and the regulars as you rightly say,do what they want.

Also a couple of mad ones in Whitefield,think one's the Bull's Head. Doing lines with the landlord,then he dropped a couple of younger lads for doing the same in the bogs before  ''confiscating'' their bing,and banning the poor lads,telling them not to ''do that shit in here.'' The sniff was decent though !!

I've had a few very wild nights in there,always good fun and the regulars as you rightly say,do what they want.

Also a couple of mad ones in Whitefield,think one's the Bull's Head. Doing lines with the landlord,then he dropped a couple of younger lads for doing the same in the bogs before ''confiscating'' their bing,and banning the poor lads,telling them not to ''do that shit in here.'' The sniff was decent though !!

bulls head was a good pub spent plenty of good nights in there just a shame it's full of mancs

Also a couple of mad ones in Whitefield,think one's the Bull's Head. Doing lines with the landlord,then he dropped a couple of younger lads for doing the same in the bogs before  ''confiscating'' their bing,and banning the poor lads,telling them not to ''do that shit in here.'' The sniff was decent though !!

That makes him a cunt IMO.

Prince of Wales pub in Bridgend. Bullet holes in the front door and a bloke being spun around in his wheelchair to a juke box that alternated between happy hardcore and 80's power ballads. Bogs that were swimming in vomit that must have been there for a while and all drinks served in plastic glasses. Needless to say we made it a swift one.