Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Android Tv

aidybwfc

No it was all. Plus I've already bee-lined for HF links as you don't need to fuck about with passwords.

Utorrent on the TV for downloading - now that sounds interesting - but the Droidbox device has ltd storage space and we have ultra fast broadband at work, so easier to download and take home on USB or HD.

It'll take up to 32gb SD card to increase.

... but I'm same, I can just do my downloading from work (although onto my tablet).

I've decided to remove the "Mikeys Karaoke" Add-On that it came pre-installed with. Firstly I'll never use it, and secondly it is forever updating. I've also removed the plethora of Polish channels that seemed to be pre-loaded as well, hopefully by trimming down what is on it, it'll need to update less and therefore speed up a bit (not hat it's particularly slow mind)

• 2 weeks later...

Any clues on how we empty the cache from time-to-time.... buffering like feck tonight watching a movie and kept saying that it wasn't able to fully buffer (or something like that) due to the cache being full.

Searching google for "Empty cache on IMX6" and the likes didn't return much that made sense to me.

Any clues on how we empty the cache from time-to-time.... buffering like feck tonight watching a movie and kept saying that it wasn't able to fully buffer (or something like that) due to the cache being full.

I had that issue the other week, did as SpazNob says and all is well again now

ExPat TV not working. Asking me to sign up with FilmOn.

Moved over to Catchup TV. But still want the option to use ExPat.... any ideas chaps? Safe to sign up with FilmOn?

I've never tried ExPat TV, I'll give it a go when I get home later tonight

ExPat TV not working. Asking me to sign up with FilmOn.

Moved over to Catchup TV. But still want the option to use ExPat.... any ideas chaps? Safe to sign up with FilmOn?

No idea mate.

I tried ExPat for the first time last week and it wasn't working, so I left it and haven't tried it since.

1Channel seems to be more miss than hit for me the last few days.  I can be watching Sons of Anarchy, for example, and when the episode ends I go to the next episode and it says 'library empty'.  I then exit, go back in and there is seemingly nothing in there to watch at all.  Of course, there is the plug-in error I can randomly get.

Having said that, I can stil find pretty much whatever I want to watch in IceFilms, unfortunately it's just not as aesthetically pleasing in that there is no art work, DVD covers, synopses, etc.

Also...... on CatchupTV... you can have the EPG view (list all the programmes, times, etc). Once you select a programme, and decide to leave that prog, I don't seem to be able to get straight back to the EPG screen without starting all over again via the Home >> Favourites, etc. Pain.

AND.... can we get North West ITV anywhere?

On a plus side, still loving the fact it plays all formats of downloaded stuff - watching Peaky Blinders in MP4 format and its bang on quality, etc, etc. Saved me having to convert to AVI, etc.

Edited by Smiley

Why are you using it for 'normal' telly?

Regardless, if you're having problems with CatchupTv then you could always use the CatchupTV app from your main Android menu - rather than from within XMBC - but you may have to download the app first.

Failing that, just select progs you do want to watch in the first place.

The powers that be are currently trying to block 1 channel,and that's why you are having problems with it.Google XBMC hub .com and a fix is on there to make it all better again.The government is trying to get internet service providers (ISP's)like Virgin Sky and BT to block the use of things like this as well as Torrent sites,but there are ways around it.Hope this helps.

The powers that be are currently trying to block 1 channel,and that's why you are having problems with it.Google XBMC hub .com and a fix is on there to make it all better again.The government is trying to get internet service providers (ISP's)like Virgin Sky and BT to block the use of things like this as well as Torrent sites,but there are ways around it.Hope this helps.

Here's the fix for 1Channel : http://www.xbmchub.com/blog/2013/11/22/painless-domain-proxy-fix-for-1channel-in-the-united-kingdom/

Edit: I don't even know how to download "Fusion" so the above is no good to me.....I'll just hope it sorts itself out, or somebody shows me a simple way to fix it.

On the upside, I've got an excellent feed for the Man Utd match.....on the massive downside they're winning

Edited by CWP

So, should I get one of these or go for the skybox f3?

I've never tried a skybox F3, so can't compare. Getting "1channel" back isn't proving overly easy though, and that's a bit gutting as it's one of the best things about the Android box. I've bot really got the patience to sit here and search google for how to fix it properly.......I'll let DazBob do that and show me how it's done I think

If I can't get it fixed and for some reason IceFilms vanished as well them I might be a touch vexed.

From what I understand aren't they also trying to block certain things on the skybox f3 as well? - if so then I would expect the same sort of issues to pop up

Edited by CWP

Here's the fix for 1Channel : http://www.xbmchub.com/blog/2013/11/22/painless-domain-proxy-fix-for-1channel-in-the-united-kingdom/

Edit: I don't even know how to download "Fusion" so the above is no good to me.....I'll just hope it sorts itself out, or somebody shows me a simple way to fix it.

On the upside, I've got an excellent feed for the Man Utd match.....on the massive downside they're winning

http://www.xbmchub.com/blog/2012/04/24/fusion-easy-addon-installation-for-xbmc/

Done all of that. Managed to sort. But I'm still getting error messages when I try to watch 1Channel. Now worried I've changed something on my system.