Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Android Tv

aidybwfc

I really do not know why you bother, go get a Skybox F5s, if will be another 12 months at least before they stop working

I'm getting one of those for the living room, unless of course this xbmc does the business.

The android's upstairs at present

Edited by Traf

I really do not know why you bother, go get a Skybox F5s, if will be another 12 months at least before they stop working

I've wondered about these....do you have to have a dish? - or do you just take from your WiFi?  - also, when the 12 month gift runs out, what do you do then? - just buy another one?

I've wondered about these....do you have to have a dish? - or do you just take from your WiFi?  - also, when the 12 month gift runs out, what do you do then? - just buy another one?

Girlfriend's sister has one. Its not worked for 2 weeks. The dodgy bloke who fitted for them charged £150. Wants another £100 each year to "sort" for them.

He's knocking off 2 weeks for next year's. Personally all sounds shit to me.

But there's others like DG who've had no issues in 18 months.

However, you get Sky quality - so has its plus points.

Girlfriend's sister has one. Its not worked for 2 weeks. The dodgy bloke who fitted for them charged £150. Wants another £100 each year to "sort" for them.

He's knocking off 2 weeks for next year's. Personally all sounds shit to me.

But there's others like DG who've had no issues in 18 months.

However, you get Sky quality - so has its plus points.

Do you require a dish though? - or does it get it's "information" via the interweb?

Vegas mustn't be very rock n roll if you are debating dodgy internet TV stuff on here with us grumpy middle-aged blokes!!!!

I only did 3 nights pal got back home Sunday

Back on topic

I've had mine for 18 months with no issues the only time it's freezes is due to crap internet through talk talk, yes you need a dish which plugs into the box as normal as well as an Ethernet cable that goes straight to router

There are some shite servers out there who overload the systems then do a runner I did a bit of research and went for a good one that costs 60 a year to renew

The sky feed provides the picture, the internet decodes it from the server

Edited by Danny G

• 4 weeks later...

My Android Box has changed its skin to Xunity without me asking it to.

Don't seem to be able to stream many if any films these days.

Not sure if I need to give it an overhaul.

And everytime I switch it on... I get BBC3 / BBC4 icons updating, etc. Everytime!

Help!

I also get the BBC icons updating. Only takes a minute, so not arsed.

Mine also says Xunity when I load up XBMC, but my skin is no different. Just change your skin in settings if its a problem.

I've no issue with films. Only problem is that 1Channel rarely works. I just use MashUp or IceFilms instead, no problem.

If I wanted to watch TVCatchup, then I would just watch it through the apps bit and not the XBMC bit

Good idea. We are still using it in the kitchen in a morning for Daybreak!!

Sorted my Aeon Nox skin again.... but all the tabs at the bottom of reset to "holders" - so where I had sport, under it I don't get all the apps as previous. Doh!

I flicked through latest releases on Icefilms yesterday... Lone Survivor looked like it was going to play fine.

Tried Mandela about 5-6 times, got sound but no picture!

Ended up downloading a few films on my Mac and playing on the Droidbox via USB stick.... kinda defeats the object, but end result was what I wanted (ie. being able to watch the film).

Still deliberating whether or not to upgrade to Fibre.

Smiley, do you use MashUp at all? 

Personally, I find it better than IceFilms.  You get the benefit of a synopsis for the films and you can also see their ratings.  When you then select which stream you want I always find the ones under 'Movreel' to be the best and rarely have any buffering issues.

Smiley, do you use MashUp at all? 

Personally, I find it better than IceFilms.  You get the benefit of a synopsis for the films and you can also see their ratings.  When you then select which stream you want I always find the ones under 'Movreel' to be the best and rarely have any buffering issues.

Have been flicking through MashUp, so I will give this a go again.

• 4 weeks later...

Ooh, found something else whilst fannying around with MashUp.

Go into MashUp

Select MashUp Settings

Select Home Layout

Scroll Down to Mash Sports and click OK so that the box is ticked.

(Whilst your at this you can untick all the other boxes that you never use, ie HD Releases, TV Latest, Genre, etc)

Now Click Ok.

You should see a revised menu list.

Click on Mash Sports....

You've now got a comprehensive list of live sports channels such ask Sky, BT, ESPN, Setanta, etc ... and At The Races ;)  The quality of these is really good too.  Miles better than the ones on Porky's Playlist.

You're welcome.

PS - Traf, I too am getting the instruction to update MashUp to 1.4.0 (I think) ... but I've searched all available updates and can't seem to find the one to do it.  Hopefully it should take care of itself automatically over the coming days, but until then just ignore it as it seems to be working just fine.

PPS - I'm expecting multiple reacharounds for this.