Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Android Tv

aidybwfc

• 3 weeks later...

One of my mates bought a xbmc and its done his head in for days, a message 'Out Of Range' kept popping up on his Sony Bravia, yet it worked on other TV's. At first he thought it was a wi-fi issue but it's not, it's the screen resolutions on the TV what are stopping the xbmc being viewed.

I just thought I'd put this on here to help anyone going through the same problem and wasting the same amount of time 'my mate' has.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

You can't (or couldn't) jailbreak a version 3. The old version 2 with a hard drive would run XBMC, same as a droid stick thing.

All it does is mirror your iPad/iPhone, the rest is pointless. My NowTV box and Chromecast dongle replaced it for half the cost.

My Android box is ace, i would however defo recommend paying a bit more and getting One from droidsticks.co.uk. You get free VIP HQ zone which shows all footy in HD too

I've just bought the T8 from droidbox.co.uk and it's excellent, pisses all over my old iMX6 box. I managed to watch Bournemouth v Watford in full proper HD on Friday night. I'm well pleased with it and can't believe how much better it is.....and it's far quicker as well, I experienced no buffering at all

I've just bought the T8 from droidbox.co.uk and it's excellent, pisses all over my old iMX6 box. I managed to watch Bournemouth v Watford in full proper HD on Friday night. I'm well pleased with it and can't believe how much better it is.....and it's far quicker as well, I experienced no buffering at all

http://www.droidsticks.co.uk/shop/combo-t8-aml-v2-amlogic-s802-android-4-4-mini-4k-tv-box-s77-pro-keyboard/

This one? Very tempted to get it.

That's the one, I got mine from Droidbox.co.uk for £94.95 last week. I already had an air-mouse remote control thingy at home, so didn't need one to come with the box. Having said that, the remote that did come with the T8 is actually really good (a massive improvement on the cack one that came with the iMX6)

Right, I'm getting one. What sort of broadband speed do you need for this? Plusnet are saying I'm on about 18mb, speed checker showing I'm on about 13mb. Would that be enough to watch buffer free? Or would I need a faster connection?

Mines fine on 6mb

Now this sounds like a device worth having!

So this new one. Is the footie streamed in good quality and is Sky Atlantic on it?

Ive seen lots of links to sky atlantic but not tried any, all tv and films are pretty much on demand anyway.

Only stuff i need to find live is sports. Premiership football, golf and anything American is pretty much taken care of by NBC sports.

Loads of links to sky sports channels for other stuff i watch so not had any trouble finding anything i usually watch so far.

For a one off payment of 70-100 quid or whatever you pay i cant see how anyone cant get their moneys worth.

Obviously a bit more fiddly than having a sky/virgin box but there is a lot more options too so good and bad points.