Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Android Tv

aidybwfc

It will need memory for any apps you download.

Also you can download rather than stream the films and TV shows. It will take a 32gb memory card too.

When you say apps, does that mean we can download ITV player, BBC iPlayer, etc, etc. If so, cool, might get one for the kitchen as well!

Ah, hang on, on second thoughts I'm not sure about BBC iPlayer. 

I'm sure, in the past, I've tried to play this on my Android tablet and then watch it through my telly ... but it wouldn't work - a message flashed up saying it doesn't support HDMI.  It's quite possible/probable you'll come up with the same problem.  No idea if ITV, C4, C5 players will have the same problem though.

Having said that though, CatchUp TV is an app you can download through the Google Play Store where you can watch all freeview channels 'live'.  This definitely does work through HDMI.

Edited by DazBob

Ah, hang on, on second thoughts I'm not sure about BBC iPlayer. 

I'm sure, in the past, I've tried to play this though my Android tablet and then watch it through my telly ... but it wouldn't work. 

Really?  -  I'm off to give it a go now

I just got BBC iPlayer playing on my Galaxy 3S and plugged it into my telly and it started playing......sadly it was some shit thing starring James Cordon, but it did work. So it works from my phone to my telly with no problem

I just got BBC iPlayer playing on my Galaxy 3S and plugged it into my telly and it started playing......sadly it was some shit thing starring James Cordon, but it did work. So it works from my phone to my telly with no problem

Hmmm.  Mine didn't.

... or maybe it was ITV player ... or 4OD ... or Channel 5's thingy.  Give those a bash too seeing as you're doing nowt. :)

Reet, I've rememebered.  It's 4oD that's the problem. I was trying to watch an episode of The Returned and 4oD on my telly only goes back 7 days.  On Android it goes back 2 or 3 weeks, so I thought I'd be smart and get round it by connecting my tablet to my telly.

Wouldn't work.

A quick google and it seems that C4 don't support it for Android.

http://www.channel4.com/4viewers/faq/name/android-dnla/id/503218468

Ok, stuck on the set-up. Says I have to update the XMBC on first run. Goth videos >> ad dons >> Droidbox Wizard >> select.

But I get a script error.

Any suggestions?

Rebooted & seem to be getting there.

Edited by Smiley

Should update itself.

Icefilms, 1channel, sportsdevil, mashup and NaviX are all you should really need.

You'll get some links saying script error, but just try a different link. There will always be one that works.

Smiley will be wanting to get "LubeTube" set up as a shortcut as well I would have thought

We have lift off!!

Watched "White House Down" in full glorious HD last night.

Had a 2 minute flick around to look at Sports, etc. Found SS2 and it looked pretty pixelated.

Ive got the Skybox F5s mate had it for 18 months and you get everything, but as mentioned earlier apparantley Sky are putting a stop to it

Ive got the Skybox F5s mate had it for 18 months and you get everything, but as mentioned earlier apparantley Sky are putting a stop to it

I'm not sure they will be able to put a stop to it, as soon as they do something to protect themselves, somebody will be able to crack it very quickly, it's awlays been the way.....naturally this may involve another kind of box in the future, but their security will never be 100% foolproof

I'm not sure they will be able to put a stop to it, as soon as they do something to protect themselves, somebody will be able to crack it very quickly, it's awlays been the way.....naturally this may involve another kind of box in the future, but their security will never be 100% foolproof

its to do with pairing a card to a specific box, to do this they would need to send out new boxes to 90% of subscribers which will cost a fortune.

• Site Supporter

its to do with pairing a card to a specific box, to do this they would need to send out new boxes to 90% of subscribers which will cost a fortune.

They send out new cards.  To activate it you need to ring with your box details.

Its what Virgin do.

They send out new cards.  To activate it you need to ring with your box details.

Its what Virgin do.

Not quite, the very latest boxes will update as soon as you insert the new cards, however the vast majority have the older firmware which is not compatable

They maybe able to block HD channels fairly soon as the servers will be linked to the latest boxes etc, however Standard Definition will be around for a while yet