Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Sunday Morning Refs

Thorpey

Run the local pub team and knew the ref cried off Friday for the game this morning and I had a few too many during the Watford day out and beyond.

Lad in the local said he'd ref last night then I get a text at 9.20 this morning saying his 'heads in the shed'.  Southern thing?? No idea.

Ended up doing it myself (qualified ref me) and got loads of shit off the oppo for not giving them a pen in first half.  Two in the book and then second half it went mental.  They moaned like fuck all game and it finally did my head in after about 80 mins.  Yet another moan so I give it the 'stop moaning you f***** c*** you're doing my f***** head in.  

He (20 year old gobby shite) puts his head on mine, I (approaching 50) rip the ref shirt off and get him off the pitch while it kicks off behind.  I get my own way.

Still buzzing from yesterday otherwise I probably wouldn't have done it.

Why do Sunday refs get up for £30 and get loads of shite??

A few pints later and I'm feeling good .... topped up. 

There's not enough refs now.

Football could/should learn from the egg chuckers.

Too many piss heads and smack heads on a Sunday morning to show any respect to a ref.  One called me 'Sir' today and I knew straight away he was an egg chucker.  Fair play.

Football could learn so much at all levels.

When I was a "poor student" in Preston, I used to referee two games in Bolton every Saturday morning and use the money to get pissed and watch the Whites, Ii'd then crash at my parents' and do two more on the Sunday before going back to my digs.

Maybe that's why I'm a cunt.

Edited by Traf