Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Space Dudes

superjohnmcginlay

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Zico said:

At what point in the video does it happen?

They're still streaming live, so I can't tell you until tomorrow. You could just watch this far superior footage instead, and skip to about 6 mins.

Edited by Cheese

• Moderators
7 hours ago, Cheese said:

They're still streaming live, so I can't tell you until tomorrow. You could just watch this far superior footage instead, and skip to about 6 mins.

Right, ok, so the significance of being able to do this, is it something to do with being able to take more people at once to places like the moon, because they can use a bigger rocket that doesn't need to break up after launched? 

So basically the next step towards space ships that people use to get about as we know them from science fiction and all that?

It's Alan Musk's way of dodging MADMAX...

Claim he's spent $Xbn playing Thunderbirds and look! Oh dear it's blown up again.

What he claims for loss of is a billion dollar spacecraft.

What is actually lost is $288.79 worth of aloominum foil, balsa wood and Tesla scrap cobbled together with sticky back plastic and filled to the brim with 3-2-1 bangers.

Edited by Youri McAnespie

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Zico said:

Right, ok, so the significance of being able to do this, is it something to do with being able to take more people at once to places like the moon, because they can use a bigger rocket that doesn't need to break up after launched? 

So basically the next step towards space ships that people use to get about as we know them from science fiction and all that?

The main significance at the moment is being able to re-use the same rocket over and over again (potentially multiple times per day!) to ferry astronauts and cargo into orbit. They're aiming to build over 100 of the fuckers, all constantly launching and landing. But yeah, Starship will eventually take people to Mars too.

• 3 weeks later...
10 hours ago, matty2094 said:

Just nipped out to the bin and saw a line of 12 or so lights flying over Bolton in a perfect straight line formation. Done a bit of Googling and turns out it’s Musk’s Starlink project. Eerily stunning to watch.

Are you sure?

Karen off Facebook says it was 5G Covid tracker drones.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The Worldwide cost of reconstruction after The Boxing Day Tsunami which claimed approximately a 1/4 million lives was $12bn...

Didn't anyone listen to 'Sign O' the Times' and heed the wise words spoke? No-one it seems...

I hope when history's greatest monster - Geoff Bezos gets his turn his craft blows into a million...no, aptly, a trillion pieces, preventing his remains being interred and denying his acolytes some form of shrine to attend and worship at.

This is the latest footage 'filmed' by 'Hubble'...

AlarmingFlatBarnswallow.webp

This convinced bigwigs to...w̶a̶s̶t̶e̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶/̶o̶r̶ ̶d̶e̶c̶r̶e̶a̶s̶e̶ ̶d̶e̶f̶i̶c̶i̶t̶s̶, invest in this new fancy-dan ten billion project, I can't wait until this new 'space-scope', which no-one is allowed to see on Earth before launch, is in orbit, and we can pretend we understand Doc Cox prattling on about strings and things on telly...

• 2 months later...

T-minus 4 days until we try to launch the JWT.

I'll be as nervous for this as I would be for a play off final.

I read the other day that there are around 350 mission critical operations to go - even once the telescope is in position. Any single one of which will mean complete mission failure if it doesn't go totally according to plan.

Going to be some twitchy arseholes amongst the engineers over the next couple of weeks. 

But just imagine what we might learn if everything goes to plan! 

🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞