Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Space Dudes

superjohnmcginlay

Anything interesting celestially in the next couple of weeks. Will be in a dark sky area so should have a good view.

Chance of seeing the Perseiday meteor shower 11th 12th and 13 of August. The moon will be bright but you've got a better chance of seeing it than most.

Are you going up the Cairngorms?

• Site Supporter

Chance of seeing the Perseiday meteor shower 11th 12th and 13 of August. The moon will be bright but you've got a better chance of seeing it than most.

Are you going up the Cairngorms?

Pembrokeshire, but not too far from breccon beacons. Unbelievable sights at times, milky way and shooting stars, satellites etc.

Pembrokeshire, but not too far from breccon beacons. Unbelievable sights at times, milky way and shooting stars, satellites etc.

Amazing what you can see away front the cities. I worked in the outback in Australia for 3 months and I've never seen skies like it. Probably never will again. Could sit there for hours just gazing.

• Site Supporter

Amazing what you can see away front the cities. I worked in the outback in Australia for 3 months and I've never seen skies like it. Probably never will again. Could sit there for hours just gazing.

Indeed. Get a stiff neck looking up!

Imagining the number of being looking back, albeit many years ago!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Seen as it's entirely plausible that we'll never be able to develop the technology to reach another inhabitable planet - is there any chance we could start trying to look after this one a bit better? I know I'm a loony hand wringing libtard - but out nearest other option is just over 20 light years away and I don't reckon I'll fancy the move.

• Site Supporter

Seen as it's entirely plausible that we'll never be able to develop the technology to reach another inhabitable planet - is there any chance we could start trying to look after this one a bit better? I know I'm a loony hand wringing libtard - but out nearest other option is just over 20 light years away and I don't reckon I'll fancy the move.

I reckon my plans for a sub space transport vessel are a year from completion.

using wormholes and "bouncing" off the space/time continuum, rather than trying to travel through it, should mean 20 light years will take less than 14 parsecs and therefore it will be much quicker to commute to an office on Alpha Centauri than fucking Telford.

Edited by Spider

I reckon my plans for a sub space transport vessel are a year from completion.

using wormholes and "bouncing" off the space/time continuum, rather than trying to travel through it, should mean 20 light years will take less than 14 parsecs and therefore it will be much quicker to commute to an office on Alpha Centauri than fucking Telford.

A parsec is a unit of distance - just over 3 light years. Your sub space transport vessel is bloody useless! :-)

• Site Supporter

A parsec is a unit of distance - just over 3 light years. Your sub space transport vessel is bloody useless! :-)

You're forgetting that I'm travelling sub space and am not beholden to your pathetically outmoded restrictions based on time being a constant.

I'm essentially planning to bend space into a shape that suits the journey I wish to make by bringing the 2 locations closer outside the continuum.

To be honest, my main concern at the moment is what name I should give to my spaceship. I've already decided it will be white with a picture of John McGinlay on the tailfin.

We're scratting around for oil now, the equivalent of putting a drop of water in the ketchup and shaking it about, yet on pile of shite 'The Grand Tour' the little one was arsing about in some shitbox that did six miles per gallon...The chances of us exploring other stars stands at around nil whilst such attitudes prevail, there'll probably be fuck all left to sustain us as a species (barring the uncorking of a pre-prepared Domesday virus, immunisation available at the right price) for more than a couple of hundred years at best, I doubt by then there will be even a smidgin left for escape velocity style enterprises...

Edited by Youri McAnespie

You're forgetting that I'm travelling sub space and am not beholden to your pathetically outmoded restrictions based on time being a constant.

I'm essentially planning to bend space into a shape that suits the journey I wish to make by bringing the 2 locations closer outside the continuum.

To be honest, my main concern at the moment is what name I should give to my spaceship. I've already decided it will be white with a picture of John McGinlay on the tailfin.

Come on Spider. Time isn't a constant. The only constant is the speed of light. I'm beginning to think you are bullshitting about this vessel - which you should definitely call 'McGinlay MacMcGilnlayface'