Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Deadline Day Thread.

tomski

Freedman's comments about Wheater :

“David Wheater was asked to go to Doncaster as well and I thought it might be good for him to play some games but I then made a decision that he is better working on his fitness day in day out and getting ready for January rather than going out now.”

Getting ready for January?  Is that an open admission that he's looking to move him on when the transfer window opens, or am I reading too much into it?

Edited by DazBob

DF seems very keen to keep reiterating about how Knight is continuing to be a model professional despite not being in the side.  Not heard him say much about Wheater.  I reckon he must be pissed off with himself for giving him that new contract.

• Moderators

DF seems very keen to keep reiterating about how Knight is continuing to be a model professional despite not being in the side.  Not heard him say much about Wheater.  I reckon he must be pissed off with himself for giving him that new contract.

unless he has a programme that gets wheater fit for january

maybe something similar to what went on with mills

unless he has a programme that gets wheater fit for january

maybe something similar to what went on with mills

I'd just assumed that Mills got his chance because both Knight and Wheater were proving themselves to be liabilities and Dougie had nothing to lose by giving him a chance.

Regardless of the reasons, fair play to Mills for grasping his chance with both hands.  I doubt there's anyone could've foreseen Ream and Mills as our first choice CB pairing this season.

I'd just assumed that Mills got his chance because both Knight and Wheater were proving themselves to be liabilities and Dougie had nothing to lose by giving him a chance.

Regardless of the reasons, fair play to Mills for grasping his chance with both hands.  I doubt there's anyone could've foreseen Ream and Mills as our first choice CB pairing this season.

That was a bit left field. even anewman isn't claiming credit for that one

• Moderators

even though freedman seemed like he wanted shut of mills he was often quoted on how they were working with mills in training to get him more mobile

might all be bollocks but its the same weakness that wheater has

whatever, it requires the player to buy into it, so full marks to mills

If Dougie had been required to name a squad in August Mills would have been nowhere near so fair play to the lad for putting his head down and proving Dougie wrong and fair play to Dougie for admitting he was wrong. Shame not everyone has followed Matt's example. Knight obviously has, Mears and it seems Wheater hasn't