Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

7000 Away Fans In Div 1

Thorpey

I know you want a bite but I disagree.

I don't like it when we take 3-4k to Blackburn, all the lads are spread about, you don't see the regulars you have a laugh with and there's about 6 songs starting all at once.

Give me a 1000 strong away following of regular lads any day of the week.

Summed up well. A big following looks good, but being their the 800-1300 is a far better day. Big following tend to also bring the plant pots out (not everyone mind)

I know you want a bite but I disagree.

I don't like it when we take 3-4k to Blackburn, all the lads are spread about, you don't see the regulars you have a laugh with and there's about 6 songs starting all at once.

Give me a 1000 strong away following of regular lads any day of the week.

Good point well made, But I suppose it all depends on what a clubs 'Normal' following is, and what you see as good support.

I would rather take thousands away, than hundreds that sing crap songs, and celebrate corners when 4-0 down !

Guest bwfcdan

Summed up well. A big following looks good, but being their the 800-1300 is a far better day. Big following tend to also bring the plant pots out (not everyone mind)

Nothing wrong with that!

When you sell out an away end you can't really do much better. We got around 2000 at Bloomfield road in the premier league but with it being the last away game of the season I believe we would of.sold more than 5000 given the ticket allocation.

I spent the whole of that following summer thinking it was 2-2 that day! Haha

What a stadium that place is.  Its like a smaller Wembley but the bottom half built into a hole in the ground.  Best stadium I've been to bar Wembley and Millenium.  Well worth a visit.

Pints at £3.20, steward wearing stockings, smoking areas, padded seats, shit football first half, no coppers in the ground, two pitch invasions, piss 'ed robbed the corner flag, another piss 'ed tried to get it back in the hole.

Should of made the effort to get to 'Boro really.