Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Bolton 1 Forest 1

gonzo

Danns was by far the best player on the pitch today, created an worked his socks off. Lee is so frustrating but has the touch that could create anything at any point. As mentioned, Forest were playing for the draw in the last 20, love to see some of them fouls again. One pissed up forest lad got on the train at salford crescent.....made sure he stayed on till Levenshulme, hopefully he got twatted in asda!

This day last season the table said

Pos 16th played 27 points 33

Today it's...

Pos 18th played 25 points 28

JSL

That stats is poor piss poor as is 2 wins at home all season, thankfully the Scottish Mourinhio now seems to of clicked that 2 up top is not a tactic from another era, if he'd have played 2 up top all season at home we'd be 6-8 points better off in my opinion. Edited by Mounts Kipper

This day last season the table said

Pos 16th played 27 points 33

Today it's...

Pos 18th played 25 points 28

JSL

I see what your trying to say but this time last season we were dog shit and if we do not win our next 2 games then we are doing worse this season like for like

Last season we went on a run of 10 home wins on the spin and still missed the play offs. Do we need to have an even better run in this season or is the gap to the playoffs smaller?

I actually enjoyed the game which made a change. Took some hope from yesterday. We showed spirit getting ourselves back in the game. Thoughtforrest tactics were embarrassing. Thought we gave them to much time on the ball in the first half. They were biting our ankles in our half pressuring the ball not allowing us to settle. When we went behind it was shit or bust and we pressed higher up the pitch and went for it. They couldn't live with us. They were kicking it anywhere and it created a decent atmosphere. Thats were Dougies got it wrong for me. It just shows what happens when we close teams down. We made them look like stumps. Playing like that we would have won alot more than two at home. They are too concerned getting back to 2 banks of 4 holding hands not challenging watching them knock it about for some reason. Hopefully hes learned we're capable of beating anyone. We positivity and belief. Oh and how that carthorse Halford stayed on was a joke. In fact they should have had a couple of reds. Time wasting dirty bastards. That's what we made them resort to just by bloody competing. They were well chuffed with the point at the end. We should be in the playoffs at least, its so frustrating. Hopefully we will lose the inferiority complex and salvage something from the season. We're more than capable we press and don't allow them the freedom of the park.

All I was saying was a charge for the play off is not out of the question.

Wishful thinking I know.

We were 10 points from the last play off place this time last season.

Today we are 11.

We can do this.

Such has been the dross served up at home that we are now content with a home draw against a supposed top team. We are possibly over emphasising  the positives as there have been so few this season.

DF has changed formations and players with such alarming regularity that some degree of stability has quite rightly been welcomed.   

People say they are surprised that Forest were wasting time. Why? We are a recent premier league club with top earners,  they are man for man a worse team than us, and have an away point against a team I am sure they thought would be in the top 6 at this stage of the season. Recollecting our away game there in August, that was certainly their fans thoughts re BWFC then.

I firmly believe that we should have got rid of DF earlier in the season and had many opportunities to do so after many inept performances, an un-acceptable league position throughout the season and only 2 home wins. Wigan are a good example of what can be achieved when this happens. We would have gone above Wigan had we beaten them 3 weeks ago. They are now 3 points off the play-offs and we are 18th with only one win since which was against the bottom team in the league at the time.                    

The season is effectively over. We will not be in danger of relegation but the play-offs are a distant dream.  

I see no point in getting rid now but all we can hope for is a strong end to the season and good start to 2014/2015 season.

If we do not start next season well he goes before October.

We must not become content being 18th in the Championship.

He is out of his depth in my opinion.

I admire your optimism with regards to relegation....fortunately there are probably four worse sides in this division than us...

The table makes awful viewing...

And after the next three games it will look even worse.

I enjoyed it yesterday. The team selection gave me a big lift prior to KO (exact opposite to Boro) and I thought we put in our best performance at home so far which might not be saying much but there were signs of hope and the crowd responded, getting behind the team. Thought Medo was unlucky to be dropped after Blackpool but obvious Spearing would start.

Lonergan & Danns were pick of bunch and only complaint is not putting Eagles on for last ten minutes but perhaps Too risky in DF's opinion against Forest. Get full back in (Ream didn't have a good game there)and that would go a long way but if Beckford is out long term that could be another blow. Spearing is/was good yesterday at breaking the play up but not for dead ball duties, Mark Davies one more game for him and getting better and better, pray he stays fit.

All I was saying was a charge for the play off is not out of the question.

Wishful thinking I know.

We were 10 points from the last play off place this time last season.

Today we are 11.

We can do this.

Let's assume we need 72 points

So a further 44 or so needed, from 21 games

Let's assume that we lose the next 3

44 from 18

I've seen little to suggest that we can leave this division this season, unless by relegation

I've seen little to suggest that we can leave this division this season, unless by relegation

Is promotion necessarily what we're aiming for rather than just a "good" season though? I wouldn't dream of us going up until Coyle's deadwood is finally shifted and then Dougie can have a proper crack at building a squad.

Is promotion necessarily what we're aiming for rather than just a "good" season though? I wouldn't dream of us going up until Coyle's deadwood is finally shifted and then Dougie can have a proper crack at building a squad.

I agree

I was answering Gonz's assertion that we can make the play offs

Still think with a couple of decent additions in January we can make the rest of the season 'interesting'. Longer term can see a lot of similarities with Leicester who had to rebuild after a previous managers dogs dinner but they stuck with their man who hasn't had a lot to spend (one free signing in the summer) and he has gradually got them into a solid, hard to beat and organised team. Still think Dougie can do that given time.