Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Reading 7 Bolton 1

victor meldrew

Agree with some of the earlier posts. The players need to get in their overpaid pockets and refund the ticket costs and travel for every one of the loyal supporters who endured that debacle.

Can't see it happening, though; can you?

In DF defence he's been handed a poison chalice of a squad many of whom he can't give away, it's a shame really he came with a high reputation but never had the chance to manage the club without having to fight fire after fire, granted he does not help himself with chop and changing the team.

Agree with some of the earlier posts. The players need to get in their overpaid pockets and refund the ticket costs and travel for every one of the loyal supporters who endured that debacle.

Why we have played shite loads of times. They can't stump up every time.

Thing is, Reading have been pretty poor at home recently. Looked like they would score every time they attacked today.

Both full backs had mares. In Ream's defence he isn't one. But all the winger had to do was run with the ball and miraculously they got in a cross. There was virtually no covering back from our wingers who incidentally played too far infield when we were attacking.

Knight and Mills aren't the quickest on the turn and Reading don't lack pace but there was virtually no cover round the back from the full backs. Funny how people were rude about Steinsson and Robinson, but they were in a different league compared to what we have now.

Up front we were toothless, N'gog didn't lack effort but there was no-one within 30 yards of him most of the time, our midfield seemed to be by-passed and Chungy was hopeless. Danns wasn't at the races either.

Lonergan had no chance with any of the goals and the referee was a pillock, For the pen, Baptiste was about 1 yard from the player when the ball was belted at him and I'm not convinced that he was in the area anyway.

What can you say? But when the manager starts attacking the players after the game, he has lost it. Back him or sack him. Will I thought the biggest failure was the setting up of the team today. Ironic that we have had a few good coaches like Phil Brown, Sammy Lee, and dare I say it Steve Wigley in the last 10 years and we seemed deficient in that respect to-day.

Because he see's them everyday in training and obviously if there not good enough in training they aren't going to be good enough in the first team.

And you trust his judgment of players ?

To be honest, he wouldn't know a player if they bit him on the arse. He's making it up as he goes along. Always has.

Dougie, grow a pair lad. Stand by your convictions & real fans will back you.

Hoping supposed quality players will perform will lead to your downfall. You clearly can't manage prima donna's so fook 'em off & get on with it. They've failed you, me, Bolton & everyone else time & time again.

If you're getting sacked, get sacked for trying the right way, rather than hoping these tossers might start performing.

P.S. we need full backs NOW, not at the end of the transfer window.

• Moderators

'I told the players to play for their pride and their place in the team but I didn't see too many players who wanted that.'

So its Dougie or the players. I'm happy for either / both to get fooked.

Me too, but two weeks later they'll be screaming for the head of the new mon and booing whoever pulls on the shirt.

Me too, but two weeks later they'll be screaming for the head of the new mon and booing whoever pulls on the shirt.

Really? I think most on here would give a fella a fair crack of the whip. This bloke has had more than that. There's not a club in the land that would tolerate the worst start to season in over a century and shipping 7 in a game.

We last conceded 7 in 1936

I'm trawling though all this late (as I said above), so someone musy have corrected you by now, Homer.

I remember two 7-goals conceded match in my 64 years a support - West Ham away in a League Cup tie; QPR away in a League match (I was there).

Still, equalling that statistic takes some doing . Well done DF & the lads.