Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Stuart Holden

L/H White

Just seen that picture of him looking ripped.

Fucking hell fire.

Do people realise what it takes to get in that condition?

24 hours a day,7 days a week comitment to nutrition and conditioning.

What a man.

Whilst practically only having one left for three years.

incredible

love the guy

It's amazing the similarities between now and the early 80s our heartbeat back then was Peter Reid and his injury and battle for fitness coincided with our drop out of the top flight and spiral to almost oblivion now I'm hoping that the financial backing of ED will allow us to keep Holden and the basis of a decent squad and that his return will be the catalyst for our revival. One thing it does prove is that injury prone players can come back stronger, Reidy was brilliant for Everton back then lets hope this time Holden will stick around long enough to give us back that feel good factor and success that's been missing virtually from the sad day he got assaulted.

Edited by Mounts Kipper

Good luck Stu. A real role model and someone you're proud to call a Wanderer.

Spot on.

Even if he never gets back to his best, his determination to get into the team again is amazing and he puts our sorry twats of a team to shame.

Spot on.

Even if he never gets back to his best, his determination to get into the team again is amazing and he puts our sorry twats of a team to shame.

Correct. I don't expect him to come back to his best but I doff my cap off to him for his strength of character and determination. Not just a role model to kids but a lot of grown ups as well!

I fucking love Stuart Holden.

What a guy. THAT is the kind of man you want in your team, fair fucking play to him.

I hope he is able to get back to playing regularly, and even if it doesnt end up being with us (and I really hope it is), he deserves it. Top geezer

Just seen that picture of him looking ripped.

Fucking hell fire.

Do people realise what it takes to get in that condition?

24 hours a day,7 days a week comitment to nutrition and conditioning.

What a man.

Spot on! Even though some might say he has had the time to be in the gym this last 3 years, its still needs to be done and is harder mentally than group football training. He obviously takes it easy with booze too to get into that sort of shape. good on him.

• 6 years later...

Tragedy that this bloke got injured. He was one hell of a midfielder.

When we think of the Prem we talk about Campo, Diouf, Hierro, Stelios Kev Davies/Nolan, Speed, Jay Jay etc. In the post Big Sam top flight years this guy was the best and you could see his class from early in his first appearance for us.