Jump to content
Wanderers Ways - passion not fashion

Stuart Holden


Recommended Posts

44 minutes ago, Traf said:

I think it's the way he reciprocates our feelings towards him 

Aye

And he loved playing for us

Also

Ten years ago today ish SKD made his England debut

Another legend 

For some

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Legend.

Let him play in the reserves till end of the season and influence some younger players who will no doubt be involved next year. .

Good luck Stu. A real role model and someone you're proud to call a Wanderer.

It's actually unfathomable how cunty that tackle was. 

Holden could have easily been our best midfielder in a generation, he had everything, would have played for a big gun I'm sure of it. 

 

I got ridiculed by some mates for comparing him to Modric at the time, which obviously now looks silly, but that 2010-11 season they were playing at very similar levels. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Rudy said:


0:54 seconds 

I went absolutely mental when his goal against blackburn went in. 

that's when I was on the back row of the NSL

me and half the NSL steamed down to the front in a matter of seconds

good times they were

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ZicoKelly said:

that's when I was on the back row of the NSL

me and half the NSL steamed down to the front in a matter of seconds

good times they were

Big Sam’s dancing being stopped by it was the cherry on the cake 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Mark Davies in full flow was one of the best sites of the Reebok years, it added to the spectacle that nobody seemed to have heard of him outside of Bolton and Wolverhampton, he was like a secret weapon.  Tragic that a talent like that isnt at least playing football, even if he was in the lower divisions, he should be going to training each day and having games to look forward to at weekend for a few more years yet, same as Holden in that respect.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Mark Davies in full flow was one of the best sites of the Reebok years, it added to the spectacle that nobody seemed to have heard of him outside of Bolton and Wolverhampton, he was like a secret weapon.  Tragic that a talent like that isnt at least playing football, even if he was in the lower divisions, he should be going to training each day and having games to look forward to at weekend for a few more years yet, same as Holden in that respect.  

Davies Holden Muamba was an outstanding 3

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DazBob said:

Wonder if anyone's got the stats of when Muamba was taken off in games by Coyle...

He seems to be an Everton fan these days 👀 so I’ll fill the void:

 

Played 90 Minutes

W - QPR 4 - 0

W - Stoke 5 - 0

L - Fulham 2 - 0

W - Blackburn 2 - 1

D - Wolves 1 - 1

W - Everton 1 - 2

W - Liverpool 3 - 1

D - Arsenal 0 - 0

 

Subbed

L - Man City 2 - 3 @ 59mins - 0 conceeded

L - Liverpool 3 - 1 @ 26mins - 2 conceeded

L - Arsebal 3 - 0 @ 56mins - 2 conceeded

L - West Brom 2 - 1 @ 81mins - 0 conceeded

L - Everton 0 - 2 @ 61mins - 1 conceeded

L - Spurs 3 - 0 @ 27mins - 2 conceeded

L - Newcastle 0 - 2 @ 66mins - 2 conceeded

L - Man Utd 3 - 0 @ 80mins - 1 conceeded

L - Norwich 2 - 0 @ 57mins - 2 conceeded

 

Didn't play

L - Man Utd 0 - 5

L - Norwich 1 - 2

L - Chelsea 1 - 5

W - Wigan 1 - 4

L - Sunderland 0 - 2

L - Swansea 3 - 1

L - Villa 1 - 2

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Rudy said:

Davies Holden Muamba was an outstanding 3

And all three of them were done by their late thirties.

At their best you could make a case for all of them potentially doing a job in the top half of the Premier League. Perhaps even higher for Holden. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Site Supporter
On 13/10/2020 at 10:29, Whitestar said:

Off the subject but, My wife just called someone a CRANK. It tickled me as i hadn't heard that for a while.

I replied with " that used to be a common surname in the Bolton area".

Everyone knew a Crank i bet?.

Still do. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, BWFC_LOVE said:

And all three of them were done by their late thirties.

At their best you could make a case for all of them potentially doing a job in the top half of the Premier League. Perhaps even higher for Holden. 

Assume you mean late 20s...yes, all 3 tragically cut short in their prime.  I can't agree on Muamba, I really don't care what the stats say, I didn't consider him to be Prem standard.  Very athletic, could put a tackle in, track a runner and seemed to be a joy to be around.  Just  lacked basic footballing skills.  I know others won't agree, I've no problem with that, just my opinion.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 13/10/2020 at 10:29, Whitestar said:

Off the subject but, My wife just called someone a CRANK. It tickled me as i hadn't heard that for a while.

I replied with " that used to be a common surname in the Bolton area".

Everyone knew a Crank i bet?.

When I lived in Bolton my doctor was Dr Crank. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.