Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Anyone Off Here?

Bobcat

While agreeing with some of the stuff about Burnden and the Reebok, I can't get my head round people who think BWFC are going to go into administration are there people out there really that thick? And for the BEN to give them a platform to talk such rubbish is beyond believe.

Edited by Mounts Kipper

Much of that article seems to be on how modern football has ruined what we always knew the game to be, which I can't argue with but it's not exclusive to our club.

That's exactly right, its not like any ground is bouncing these days were in completely different times.

Edited by Mounts Kipper

While agreeing with some of the stuff about Burnden and the Reebok, I can't get my head round people who think BWFC are going to go into administration are there people out there really that thick? And for the BEN to give them a platform to talk such rubbish is beyond believe.

Mounts I seriously think we will go into administration

• Moderators

Folk talk like you can just walk in and say 'reet that's it, let's go into admin"

We aren't a Coventry or Portsmouth with no assets, we own too much

why the fcuk would moonshift have frozen the interest payments???

Mounts I seriously think we will go into administration[/

Why would anybody put his own company into administration firstly he has all the assets that BWFC have that's players,hotel,land office space and god knows what else if he puts the club into administration and then its a fire sale what's worth 100 million suddenly worth 20 million Eddie not skint and good business men dont put worthy assets into administration unless there completely potless, he does not get his money back that way, the 158 million is a paper debt anyhow he does not have to pay it back to a 3rd party he could choose to write it off tomorrow if he so wished. It's complete madness and irrational that bankruptcy is an option even worthy of any discussion.

Also is Eddie Davies not developing a 100 million college and integrated sports complex to dovetail in with the Reebok is that the actions of a man who's financially bankrupt and poised to pull the plug on BWFC. It's madder than the maddest spring hare all this bankruptcy bollocks.

So he can pump 100 million into that but can't buy a left back??

• Site Supporter

It's all coming from private investment

The info is public domain for all to see so I can't be arsed with the details.

However, people nail the club for lack of ambition, yet they get involved in a scheme that develops the whole area and they get roasted for not buying players.

There is a much bigger picture here that will secure the long term future of the club.

So he can pump 100 million into that but can't buy a left back??

Apparently it's FFP we get penalised if we spend too much so until we can fet rid of the 30k a week non triers we struggle to bring in replacements, has to be remembered that on our gate receipts we pay Ngog alone about 1/3rd of our whole takings just to pay his wage its no wonder were in danger of falling foul of FFP, your probably to young to remember 1981 but without Eddie Davies support we'd be in the shit now like we were then and we took 10 years to get back on an even keel back then.

Not sure how ED structures his companies but surely he, or his advisers, are astute enough to be able to offset loses in one company against tax liabilities in another.

Therefore if he has lost £150m in BWFC and has taxable assets in another above that, the net loss to ED is zero.

Or am I barking up the wrong tree???

• Site Supporter

Not sure how ED structures his companies but surely he, or his advisers, are astute enough to be able to offset loses in one company against tax liabilities in another.

Therefore if he has lost £150m in BWFC and has taxable assets in another above that, the net loss to ED is zero.

Or am I barking up the wrong tree???

Completely wrong

He's a thick twat who made his millions by sheer luck and should buy us a new squad.

Do keep up.

It's like the difference between the countries deficit and the countries debt. If we are spending more than we are earning, then we can't pay off the debt. The same with BWFC. Cuts have to be made so that we are earning more than we are spending. Just like the economic situation in the country, we have to through some painful times to get back on track. It could take some time.

• Site Supporter

It's like the difference between the countries deficit and the countries debt. If we are spending more than we are earning, then we can't pay off the debt. The same with BWFC. Cuts have to be made so that we are earning more than we are spending. Just like the economic situation in the country, we have to through some painful times to get back on track. It could take some time.

All those people though that argue the defecit doesn't exist