Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

They'd At It Again.

freds dad

You're not out of step, but you have quite clearly missed the point.

I get the point, scousers are grief merchants. I just think it's in seriously poor taste, 96 people went to the match, the police fucked up and they never came back. I like to think if that happened to 96 of us then our fans would still be making a big thing of it 25 years down the line

March 1946.

Burnden Park.

RIP.

Only respect.

Precisely. If anyone was giving out over commemorating that then how would we feel?

"Fuck Bolton, they killed a Blackpool fan"

That kind of shit can be turned on any club. We're all football fans so why do some have to be such bellends about it? Folk died ffs

Not totally at fault ,but not blameless .

As is any person who was involved in football violence in the years leading up to Hillsborough.

And I include myself in that statement.

Because of our actions , the fences were erected.

Because we sooner learned if we turned up on mass just before kickoff time. The turnstiles could be jumped or the gates would be opened, the police just wanted fans off the streets and in the stadiums.

That's why Hillsborough happend

I don't think anyone is lacking in sympathy for the immediate families or emphasises that ordinary folk went to a football match and never came home. The piss taking comes from the self pity bandwagon that the Scousers have created for themselves, the 14 year old kids from Sussex screaming for 'justice' or stuff like this that is nothing more than LFC using the death of their own fans as a marketing tool.

I don't think anyone is lacking in sympathy for the immediate families or emphasises that ordinary folk went to a football match and never came home. The piss taking comes from the self pity bandwagon that the Scousers have created for themselves, the 14 year old kids from Sussex screaming for 'justice' or stuff like this that is nothing more than LFC using the death of their own fans as a marketing tool.

I just find it a bit harsh. Those crushed never asked for this.

Yeh, they're scouse. Yes, they're bellends. But can any football fan really feel anything other than empathy for a set of lads who went to a match and never came home? They might have been shithouses but then so are we

Those crushed never asked for it, and yes it's wrong they never made it home. It's the grief monkeys who go on and on and won't let things lie. You don't hear the good people of Bradford blaming everyone but themselves, or us or Glasgow Rangers. We even shared the punishment when they killed a load of Juventus fans in Belgium. I hope the 96 RIP, but it's gone now so move on.