Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

They'd At It Again.

freds dad

• Moderators

I watched the link. And the events at the time. Yes insufficient turnstiles etc. No doubt. No one is arguing about the findings.

However when you attend an event like that, there's a level of responsibility with you as an individual. Yes occasionally we've arrived late etc but that's not justification. Perhaps it's a bit of a heard mentality, I don't know, but I've been in situations where our own fans have seemingly lost sense of reason.

Its not necessarily an intentional action but it happens.

OK

But the reason why something like this wasn't the norm when the behaviour of fans was, is that the police are there to control

And they fucked it up, then covered it up and propagated many of the lies people still stand by now as to how it started

When you read the evidence it's difficult to blame the fans of owt other than trying to get in and there is no one on this forum that would have acted any differently but none would certainly accept responsibility for what ultimately happened, and rightly so

• 2 weeks later...

After watching that Hillsborough documentary the other week I'm a little ashamed of myself for my assumptions.

The blame game played by the authorities was nothing short of disgusting.

It was a good documentary, and that Phil Scraton deserves a massive reward for his work formalising what everybody suspected but needed properly documenting.

However, that fans breaking down the gates thing was debunked within 24 hours which they didnt mention. Plus I'm not sure they got the number of ticketless fans outside right either. The crowd outside meant it was always exceeding the capacity.

That said, even then people wouldnt have died had they spread the fans reasonably evenly. Looking back now, how fucking daft was installing those pens and fences.

• Moderators

Well worth viewing as well

Real eye opener and can't fault anyone who has pushed for justice all this time

And I dont blame anyone for going for compo after being put through all that

And I dont blame anyone for going for compo after being put through all that

Aye, true dat. Unfortunately there'll be plenty of folk saying "typical Scousers". Fuck me though, if ever 'compo' was deserved then it's here.

Watching those poor ex Coppers who had reported the facts and then been almost suicidal over the events ... to then find out their reports had been 'sanitised' to virtually absolve the police of blame. Made my blood boil.

• Moderators

Is this a new documentary or an old one repeated?

New, think it wasn't able to show it until the results of this latest inquest and as such they were able to include the results of the inquest at the end, something like that

Aye, shows right up to the last day in court the other week.

Remember reading some folk on here having a pop at them for all singing You'll Never Walk Alone after the verdicts.

I'd be ashamed of I'd said that.

Thankfully the truth is finally out. We can only hope those responsible for all the lies are prosecuted accordingly. I doubt it though.

Aye, shows right up to the last day in court the other week.

Remember reading some folk on here having a pop at them for all singing You'll Never Walk Alone after the verdicts.

I'd be ashamed of I'd said that.

Thankfully the truth is finally out. We can only hope those responsible for all the lies are prosecuted accordingly. I doubt it though.

With Daz on this, the ones responsible for the lies should be prosecuted accordingly,stripped of their cushy pensions and then smashed in the face with a claw hammer.

Too many fucking cover ups in this country from that era.

Funny hand shakes etc, cunts, the lot of them.

• Site Supporter

Bbc sports day page today reporting on Liverpool fans going to Basel.

"Sunnies. Check.

Swiss francs. Check.

Ticket? Tbc.

Banners. Definitely."

Hidden meaning??

It's to do with something Klopp said the other week, urging Liverpool supporters to turn up whether they have a ticket not. He later back-tracked and told them to stay away.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/36244282

got cock all to do with Hillsborugh, it'd end up like Manchester did like when Rangers invaded, which was fucking grim, though no one died

I had two tickets for that final and passed them on to two jocks for a very healthy profit.

It was on last Monday I think so it will be on BBC iPlayer.

Cheers.

Just watched it on the way into and back from work today and yesterday.

Changed my opinion on it all. What a horrific chain of events. Error after error from the police led to the disaster. The cover up and sanitising of statements etc. is inexcusable.

Fucking bent bastards.

Really feel for those bobbies recounting their stories too.

Bbc sports day page today reporting on Liverpool fans going to Basel.

"Sunnies. Check.

Swiss francs. Check.

Ticket? Tbc.

Banners. Definitely."

Hidden meaning??

they did that when they lost in a recent final in greece or russia or wherever. about 10 years ago. 

Just holding up blank pieces of paper or whatever, or sneeking their mates in.

then splitting to the papers afterwards "someone couldve been killed" .

They like the "there's no one sitting here, it's not sold out" excuse while sitting in a home end of some other team, too. i remember someone getting knocked near me for cheering when mcmanaman scored the first in the Coca Cola Cup final .

Edited by e2e4