Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Which Players Really Care?

Spider

• Site Supporter

Been thinking about this for a while

Down the years, we've always had 4/5 players you could look at and think "He gives a shit about BWFC"

K Davies/Bergsson/McGinlay to name a small selection.

It's not always been many, granted, but by and large there's always been guys on the pitch you knew wanted to do it for the club/fans and not just themselves.

So, the current squad

I don't honestly think a single one of them has any interest whatsoever in BWFC, it's fans, values or history.

I could hande that if their professional pride at least made them give more, but even that seems to have deserted them

Of course, that is partially Freedman's fault. But in the end, a bloke picking up a big wage who doesn't give a shit, will still pick up a big wage.

I think they should all be made to camp out round Nat's statue for the next 7 nights.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Site Supporter

I don't buy in the whole not caring thing.

Most footballers care

They wouldn't be we're they are if the didn't

Although There are obviously exceptions of players who just forget how they got there.

And I don't believe we have a team full of those.

• Site Supporter

Look at Steinsson

No connection with Bolton until he came here, but had enough about him to understand what this means to the fans.

Freedman will inevitably walk the plank but he's been shafted by the players yet somehow they don't get the same stick on here.

Odd, as they are the ones kicking the fucking ball about.

• Moderators

Look at Steinsson

No connection with Bolton until he came here, but had enough about him to understand what this means to the fans.

Fwiw, He were a big Bolton fan growing up due to the Icelandic connections and all that

Still is, mate was at Blackpool away with him and his conversation was along the lines of favourite bolton players, matches, goals etc

I thought the same Snoop, I'm not sure he was laughing at us getting relegated. He may have be laughing, I get that, but I doubt it was because we had been demoted. He still shouldn't have done it though, there's a time and a place and he should have known better.

I thought the same Snoop, I'm not sure he was laughing at us getting relegated. He may have be laughing, I get that, but I doubt it was because we had been demoted. He still shouldn't have done it though, there's a time and a place and he should have known better.

I agree.

It's just that some on here make out he has a special secret shrine room with a chart of Bolton's decline that he has a quick chuckle at every night before bed.

And then blame him for every loss when clearly it's your keeper who dropped a bollock.

• Site Supporter

I don't buy in the whole not caring thing.

Most footballers care

They wouldn't be we're they are if the didn't

Although There are obviously exceptions of players who just forget how they got there.

And I don't believe we have a team full of those.

It's a hard thing to quantify and prove, what with tweets, fans forums, community appearances etc etc most care about themselves, their professional integrity, their bank balance. But really caring for the club.... It's very few and far between at most clubs including ours. Spearing and Holden seem to go the extra bit off the field. But whatever the motivation I'd much rather see it on the field than off

Says a lot about the professionalism of our now club captain imo...whatever it was about it was a slap in the face of the fans who were rightly sickened that the team they support had been relegated....players shouldn't have needed that pointing out to them

No you're right.

They shouldn't have shook the other players' hands either, they should have just laid down and cried.

Like it or lump it, for most professional players it's just a job. Hardly any (if any) of our current first team are Bolton fans.

• Site Supporter

Bollocks snoop, shake hands, clap the fans & show some consideration for the people who are the lifeblood of the club, but that's beyond some of today's big time charlies & I'm not just on about Knight....players swapping shirts at half time ffs! If I was their manager they would be fined & dropped, it's fuckin pathetic!

Bollocks snoop, shake hands, clap the fans & show some consideration for the people who are the lifeblood of the club, but that's beyond some of today's big time charlies & I'm not just on about Knight....players swapping shirts at half time ffs! If I was their manager they would be fined & dropped, it's fuckin pathetic!

See, the thing is, the game is not that way anymore.

In the grand scheme of things, the fans aren't the lifeblood of the club, especially in the Premier League. That'll be the TV money.

It's a sad fact but most of today's players couldn't give two shiny shits who's there watching, and most of the team we were relegated with were probably expecting to be picked up by a premier league team for the next season. It's a business now and as sad as that is, it's a fact.

• Site Supporter

It may be a sad fact, it's also a sad fact that when a man is stupid or naive enough to laugh & joke on the pitch when he's just been relegated that a certain section of fans will hold him up as an example of everything that is wrong within the club when times are hard....not that I agree with them but it's a situation that he himself has much to blame for