Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Official Rugby League Thread

Pie Eater

25 minutes ago, Spider said:

Can’t believe that call in the NRL final.

Ref gave a fresh set of 6 for Raiders then changed his mind on the zero tackle.

Outrageous.

Shocking call. Especially in the NRL where they do go to the video ref for more things that in super league. 

Problem is a two ref scenario. One of them is the lead ref on each set of tackles and they over rule the other which is what happened there. But it’s a shocker nonetheless 

feel for canberra especially with so many Englishman 

First time I’ve seen something like that with the two refs but it’s an obvious potential issue. Similarly with the trainer being hit with the ball in the first half when Canberra could have made a break chasing the loose ball. 

Was rooting for the Raiders and their English contingent until I remembered I had a tenner on the Roosters. Cracking game, the third of the weekend after Wigan-Salford and Toronto-Featherstone. 

2 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Today’s the big day on my way to manc for several beers before old trafford. 

Be one of the biggest fairytales in sport should we win this tonight.  

Really hope they do it, but great season anyway

59 minutes ago, Underpants said:

Why the hell isn't this a sell out? 🙄

Perils of only knowing the finalists a week before, though it’s probably not far off. 

Enjoyed my previous Grand Final visits but I’ve grown accustomed to watching it abroad. 

Just now, ErnestTurnip said:

Good half that, crucial try for Salford. Saw plenty having a nice day out in manny this arvo and whatever you think of the play offs and grand final it is a huge occasion.

Salford will be buzzing. Done a shit load of work in defence, come through the worst of it and finished on top. They don’t necessarily need the next try, but they need to stay within 12 for as long as possible. 

I’d much prefer the champions to be decided over the league campaign, but there’s no denying the Grand Final is a magnificent occasion.  

As much as I’ve been saying for weeks that I’d hate for Salford to make the final, well done to them for showing that us little clubs can do it.

Fans from the ‘bigger’ clubs simply don’t understand what nights like tonight are all about. Doesn’t matter about missing a Final because “there’s always next year”.  While the rest of us wait a lifetime. 

Much like Bolton, really.

Kudos, you pinky bastards.

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Big E said:

Great news we are holding a Test between England and Australia. Hopefully we are all over the Challenge cup as well. 

BWFC getting the games ahead of Wigan is a massive boost imo. 

Hoping to be at all three England games but will wait for BWFC fixtures first just in case. Certainly can't be bad for the coffers anyway and hopefully as you say we're in the mix for the Challenge Cup again.

4 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Toronto away 11th July Pete. Assume you’re going? 

ive family over there so just a flight cost for me and am going over for a week

😂I had this conversation with my better half last night as I am planning to go to the game in Valencia v STH in January and then the Catalans game in March too. We were in Toronto in September it's fair to say I have to do some more persuading😉

11 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Hoping to be at all three England games but will wait for BWFC fixtures first just in case. Certainly can't be bad for the coffers anyway and hopefully as you say we're in the mix for the Challenge Cup again.

Spurs have got the final test

2nd at Leeds

Edited by L/H White

8 minutes ago, Salford Trotter said:

😂I had this conversation with my better half last night as I am planning to go to the game in Valencia v STH in January and then the Catalans game in March too. We were in Toronto in September it's fair to say I have to do some more persuading😉

I’m also looking at one of the St. Helens it Catalans games. Swaying towards Catalans for the better weather 

4 minutes ago, L/H White said:

Spurs have got the final test

2nd at Leeds

Hotel reserved for Spurs already. Knowing my luck BWFC will end up with the three greatest away days in history in a successive three week period.

1 minute ago, leigh white said:

When's the fixtures out for the Championship ? just asking for the quickest on the button for the Toulouse flight away, Hampy is pretty good but with it falling on a bank holiday this year, it cost a fortune.

Later this month apparently, my attendance in Toulouse will likely depend on whether I'm able to go on AL's stag do or not as that'll shift a good £700 out of my pocket.