Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Sunday Blues

gonzo

Used to dread heartbeat on a Sunday and if I'd made hale and pace id properly taken the piss.

If i made spitting image I was deffo off the next day.

Nowadays even though I love my job,and don't even come close to being as smashed as I used to be on a Sunday night...I just can't help wanting to walk into the sea on a Sunday night.

The thought of Dave Pearce trace anthems on radio 1 brings me to tears.

I don't know why I feel this way.

I too have Sunday night tremors. It used to be fine when I was younger and worked behind a bar on a Sunday night, but now I'm a proper grown up and can't do a Sunday night sesh I am often awake till 1, 2am so consequently feel like shit Monday morning.

There must be some sort of cure for this disease as I imagine it's more common than you think.

Turned out early doors today for the 26 to Manc, got in Tesco Metro at Piccadilly for 4 cans for my train journey to Keighley. Had a good few hours in Leeds supping and looking out for Leeds tops and never spotted a one in that bustling city.Caught train over to Keighley and was dying for a piss, went in the first pub which was full of Leigh fans, got a lift to the ground and a lift back home, just as well, because I would have struggled like fuck getting home tonight.

Used to love listening to Pearce on a Sunday night, he's always treated so shabbily by the BBC. Now doing a Saturday night slot on Tower FM after Pat Sharp!

Worst Sunday night memories for me were always of my mum ironing with the "big" light on as it always meant back to school. So for years since, Ive had a ironing and big light ban on Sundays.

Glad I'm not the only Sunday sulker then!

Hate Sundays because it's back to work the next day. Think it stems from my school days, hated school with a passion and could never sleep on a Sunday night.

Before we had kids me and the Mrs always used to go for a drive over to Blackpool or somewhere on a Sunday night listening to fat bazz todd, dreaded driving back home as I knew it was bed then work.

Suppose it makes Friday nights that much betterer.

• Site Supporter

Sunday night, Monday morning never used to bother me but in the last few years it's become increasingly difficult.

If it weren't for the kids jumping all over my head in the morning, I think I'd struggle to surface.

Used to suffer it like everyone else.

I'm not really sure why, but when my first was born it stopped. Suppose I was too sleep deprived to be restless, no matter what bother awaited me the next day, when my head hit the pillow I was gone.

Also have been in a job I quite enjoy for a few years, in a nice environment, boss is a good bloke and doesn't bother me too much!

I suffer from it every week. I lead a pretty good life but I really hate my current job. It's frustrating as I am very fortunate but I seriously wish I could do something enjoyable every day instead of getting in late because the thought of going to work makes me want to drink bleach

• Site Supporter

Today has, predictably, lived down to my expectations.

This is why I dread Mondays.

Promised myself I wouldn't have any alcohol tonight but that dream went up in piss steam mid afternoon