Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Bolton Cricket

I believe Daisy twos overcame a large total ????

And your firsts won

Yes mate, we racked up 254 and still lost. The big Indian lad for Daisy was smashing everything that was slightly full. Think he ended up with 90ish. I got 1 for 57 off 10 and was still our second best bowler, says it all really.

Good game though and played in good spirit.

• Site Supporter

My daughter was invited to go train with Lancashire u13. We went down a few times and she bowled more accurately and faster than the existing bowlers and batted better than the existing batters. (This isn't just me as a dad, other parents were saying these things).

The only kids who got into the team though we're the one who already played for the clubs where the coaches came from. Burnley had about 6 kids in the team, none of which were good players!

One day we got a phone call from the team manager asking her to join the team the coming weekend. I asked where and was told it was at Edgbaston. Shed made the team because the Burnley girls had a match and didn't want to travel all that way.

The whole Lancashire kids set up is more about who you know rather than how you play.

• Site Supporter

Bradshaw firsts played a 35 over game, batted first and got 98. Farnworth managed 97.

One point though, and I'm no prude but to the Little Lever lads who came down to the Rigbys following your teams postponement, you need to learn how to behave in mixed company you foul mouthed racist cunts!

Edited by MickyD