Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Bolton Cricket

• Site Supporter

Lostock v Bradshaw firsts was called off on Friday for yesterday because Lostock didn't cover the wicket. Fucking hell, Bradshaw seconds had no less rain but got their game on. Poor from lostock not to even try to get the pitch playable.

• Site Supporter

We started mopping up at 11, took a good few hours to get the standing water off then left it too the elements,  had early tea, tried cutting a new strip on the other side of the square but that was too wet, managed to rope off the area where it was still too wet so had a short boundary, we eventually started at 4:15 in a 22 over a side game and got still got walloped. 

Love cricket 

well done to walkden on winning the hamer cup yesterday, bradshaw were well in the game until the big no9 came in to blast a quick 37. horwich excellent hosts, it shows just how far local cricket has come, a very sparse crowd on, years and years ago they would be far more people watching

• Site Supporter

If we were being critical, however, one must be asking if having each of the mowing heads of a triple-gang mower cutting different heights was a design feature. 

Edit - Just to add, this isn't sour grapes as a reason for my team losing. Merely an observation.

Edited by MickyD

• Site Supporter
5 hours ago, Horwich said:

Its just a shame we can’t all be like Bradshaw.

Can’t wait for them to fuck off 👍 

Why can't you be like Bradshaw (Whatever "like Bradshaw" means)? What do they have that you haven't got? I'd be interested in your (probably incorrect) perception.

• Site Supporter

Pissed up Horwichers trying to take on the cricketers because of a bit of on-field banter. Umpire scared of your young (and very talented) bowler who swore in his face. He should have been fired off. Shit attitude. As I stated above, the levels of cut on the triple had been re-set for a final involving the home team.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Site Supporter

I need a favour:

Does anyone have the wording for the Bolton League Rule about non-English players not being allowed to speak anything but English whilst on the pitch? I've never actually seen the rule written down and the official BCL website links to the rule page which states

The 2014 rules will be posted shortly.

• 2 weeks later...