Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Bolton Cricket

• Site Supporter
On 26/03/2021 at 16:35, MickyD said:

Drove in a funeral cortage on Wednesday and there was a great turnout of cricketers from (I think) Daisy Hill or Westhoughton lining the route with their bats aloft and beers in hand. Very touching. 

Funeral was for a chap called Andy Hughes, played for Westhoughton and was involved in junior and senior cricket at Daisy Hill he was pretty much around all of my time growing up and playing at Daisy, a well liked chap around both clubs and a massive Wanderer too will be sadly missed. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Site Supporter

Did you go @MickyD was a good result that, 

bad day at the office for me yesterday, dropped a catch the lad was on 10 he got 57. 

then I concluded that the off spinner wasnt turning it and decided I’d leave one outside the off stump and got bowled for a duck 

we lost by three runs. 

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, superjohnmcginlay said:

Did you go @MickyD was a good result that, 

bad day at the office for me yesterday, dropped a catch the lad was on 10 he got 57. 

then I concluded that the off spinner wasnt turning it and decided I’d leave one outside the off stump and got bowled for a duck 

we lost by three runs. 

Ended up going helping my son move into his first house. Wish I’d gone now. Daughter’s b/f opened and got 63.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Site Supporter

Astley & Tyldesley have refused to play at Bradshaw today. Ironc they live closer to to BL3 area than we do. 

I wonder if they’re struggling to get a team together and this becomes a great excuse not to have to.

• 8 months later...
  • Moderators
34 minutes ago, Rice said:

What’s the standard like in and around Bolton nowadays? Live in Harwood so used to pop onto Bradshaw/Tonge a few times each summer, haven’t been since pre COVID 

Not as good as it used to be. 

Covid hasnt helped with getting pros and OA from abroad.

Juniors have also suffered a bit.

Probably too much for the kids to do these days