Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Block Paving Driveways

montyrays

After asking the WW collective last year about this block/imprinted/Tarmac/gravel. We're going down the Tarmac with frilly block paved trim around it, etc. Seen quite a few imprinted drives that look shiny & slippy and generally a bit tacky. And 100s of block paved with sunk bricks & weeds growing out of them.

Are you getting Yosser Hughes and the lads to do it or members of the local travelling community.

We had our drive block paved a few weeks ago. A lad from Lostock did it and made a cracking job of it, and his price was was spot on as well.

...and you too Nobster ta!

It's got to be block paving to complete an unfinished triangle. Personally I prefer good old fashioned setts but they're well out of my reach. Funny really considering they're ten a penny down any back street..

...and you too Nobster ta!

It's got to be block paving to complete an unfinished triangle. Personally I prefer good old fashioned setts but they're well out of my reach. Funny really considering they're ten a penny down any back street..

Sent you his details

A good 6inch of hardcore with another 6 of limestone m.o.t., compacted properly, and you could launch spaceships off it.

Either way you need to get to stiff clay formation. Laying it on topsoil is pointless.

spreading that powdered weedkiller, cant remember what its called, sodium phosphate or sommat....used to buy it in 5kg drums for tuppence, keeps the moss and weeds away but it became the substance of choice for radical extremist bomb makers so stax stopped selling it.