Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Macron Stadium

anewman

Guest bwfcdan

Absolutely nothing on Reeboks website to suggest they were affiliated with the town or the club. Took Macron's website all of 45 minutes to have a massive banner on the front page celebrating our new partnership.

I welcome Macron ????

Edited by bwfcdan

Reebok have never really made much of their affiliation with the town and to be fair, I never saw them as a Bolton company.

They were a Bolton company and used to be proud of their heritage. They also used to put a Union Jack on their classics range.

Some on ere startin to sound like Scousers (red ones, Pabbers).  Outraged by everything, for the sake of it.

Yes Reebok was a Bolton firm… bought out by the Germans who removed it from football entirely - therefore not wanting to renew the deal.  

I'm not Gartside's biggest fan by any stretch but I can't really see what he's done wrong here.  He's secured the best possible deal for the club.  Or would we prefer 'New Burnden' and have no income?

And Macron have some big clubs - Napoli, Lazio, etc - on their books so its not like we're getting sports direct teamwear.  

They were a Bolton company and used to be proud of their heritage. They also used to put a Union Jack on their classics range.

A Union Jack, bollocks if they were truly proud of their heritage it would have been an embroidered Carrs Pasty

Some on ere startin to sound like Scousers (red ones, Pabbers).  Outraged by everything, for the sake of it.

Yes Reebok was a Bolton firm… bought out by the Germans who removed it from football entirely - therefore not wanting to renew the deal.  

I'm not Gartside's biggest fan by any stretch but I can't really see what he's done wrong here.  He's secured the best possible deal for the club.  Or would we prefer 'New Burnden' and have no income?

And Macron have some big clubs - Napoli, Lazio, etc - on their books so its not like we're getting sports direct teamwear.

Welcome back Tyler, sadly since you last posted, speaking sense and posting facts has been banned.

I think they had a greater presence in Lancaster than they did in Bolton.

The company was started in Bolton. Lancaster was handy for the cheaper real estate for the warehousing prior to the adidas buy out. The development offices were in Bolton, then Manchester and Lancaster for a short time before coming to the Reebok. Edited by no balls

The company was started in Bolton. Lancaster was handy for the cheaper real estate for the warehousing prior to the adidas buy out. The development offices were in Bolton, then Manchester and Lancaster for a short time before coming to the Reebok.

Started in Bury, didn't they?

The company was started in Bolton. Lancaster was handy for the cheaper real estate for the warehousing prior to the adidas buy out. The development offices were in Bolton, then Manchester and Lancaster for a short time before coming to the Reebok.

All a bit irrelevant seeing as 'reebok' don't really exist anymore.  They are a division of adidas, who have little to no interest in Bolton and do not want to pay for the stadium name.  Burnden Pies is a Bolton firm but they don't want to pay for the naming either, so what?  Macron want it and will pay.

All a bit irrelevant seeing as 'reebok' don't really exist anymore. They are a division of adidas, who have little to no interest in Bolton and do not want to pay for the stadium name. Burnden Pies is a Bolton firm but they don't want to pay for the naming either, so what? Macron want it and will pay.

The question was being asked so it was relevant. You'd be surprised at my knowledge of this

• Moderators

Who knows. Surely that's confidential information.

Burnden Pies or whoever don't want it to be public knowledge that they bid £100, surely as next time Ye Olde Pastie Shoppe will know they only need to bid £110 and not £200?